SASS Wire Forum

New For 2023: Uberti 1866 Yellowboy Deluxe

Cholla

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/new-for-2023-uberti-1866-yellowboy-deluxe/

It looks like they have the original style Henry bump on the receiver. I have not paid attention before to know if they have had it all along.

Despite the American Rifleman description of a Short Rifle with octagonal barrel, the rifle looks to be exactly like the Yellowboy Carbine, with an extra inch of barrel, nice engraving and wood.  The Uberti description does describe it as a short rifle in the features section.

This is a copy of the first model 66, also called a flat side. Where the front of the receiver and forend meet is flat compaired to the later 66's....and the top rear of the receiver has the same shape as the Henry. A few years ago Uberti came out with a 150th anniversary model which is the same except for the engraving is different.

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Does that photo show a round barrel? 

The photo is round but the description says octagonal. Gotta love that.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:03 AM, Buckshot Bear said:

Does that photo show a round barrel? 

I guess they don’t know the difference at American Rifleman!! Duh!! No one there caught that before it went to print ? :o

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I guess they don’t know the difference at American Rifleman!! Duh!! No one there caught that before it went to print ? :o

I think it is on Uberti, not the NRA publication. The photos on Uberti's website, and the one available to download show a round barrel, yet the description says it is octagon.

image.thumb.png.24f44c9d946a7a4f07ab239c5e9bb466.png

342341-Uberti 1866 Yellowboy Deluxe Rifle Colt 45-20_SiloRight.png

On 1/25/2023 at 5:53 AM, Diego Kid #4631 said:

This is a copy of the first model 66, also called a flat side. Where the front of the receiver and forend meet is flat compaired to the later 66's....and the top rear of the receiver has the same shape as the Henry. A few years ago Uberti came out with a 150th anniversary model which is the same except for the engraving is different.

It is cool that they went back to the original attributes of the first "Henry Improved" rifles.

9 hours ago, Cholla said:

I think it is on Uberti, not the NRA publication. The photos on Uberti's website, and the one available to download show a round barrel, yet the description says it is octagon.

image.thumb.png.24f44c9d946a7a4f07ab239c5e9bb466.png

342341-Uberti 1866 Yellowboy Deluxe Rifle Colt 45-20_SiloRight.png

Yea but don’t ya think someone at

American Rifleman wound hsve caught that ?? Are they that ignorant??

The editors I know wouldn't have even paid attention to something that is such a fine point. They are so busy it is unbelievable. In many cases the manufacturer has a media team that writes the piece and send it out for use. The editor takes it and pastes it in the layout. The magazine I write for has an editor and an assistant. Neither are experts on all guns and both are a busy as one-armed wall paper hangers. 

im not paying extra for engraving , just as id not pay extra for checkering , , ive got one i shoot that has the octagon barrel and yes its 45 colt - i like that caliber - it did not cost that kind of money , i think i see another decline in our sport if thats what it takes to get into it , no wonder we are having issues getting new shooters 

Archived