SASS Wire Forum

Found one - Lightweight trigger spring

Rootin Tootin

I have a Uberti 1873 rifle. I'm looking for a lightweight trigger spring. Who makes one or what is the best way to lighten the existing spring?  

Thanks   RT

I have a coil main spring that works just fine for the past 5 years. I went to a straight trigger, had a gunsmith remove the trigger play, so now I'm looking for a lightweight trigger spring to complete the deal.  Thanks   RT. 

If it is a factory leaf style trigger spring, then you can just shape it till its where you want it by taking some of the arc out of it.

Found one. Shotgun Boogie makes a wire one to replace the flat spring.  Ordered and will install when they arrive in both of my 73's ..  Thanks

• Rootin Tootin changed the title to Found one - Lightweight trigger spring

Boogies wire spring will not work well without his trigger system or modifications to the current trigger. It will require a "pocket" for the wire to sit in. His trigger systems are a fantastic upgrade, as well as his wire spring. Fully adjustable trigger system. But the straight trigger system will need modification for the spring to work best. It will be better with a notch or pocket cut into the sear piece to keep the spring in place and from "wondering ". This can however be achieved with using small lock washers and loctite when installing without the pocket. It may also need the length adjusted to fit proper. If installing without this small modification, Just keep a close eye on it through use to ensure it is tight and not moving around. Nothing wrong with this spring, I have them in all of my rifles.

I can look around and see if I can be of more help to you.

Beaver

Archived