SASS Wire Forum

Going to be off a little while

Trigger Mike

Getting ready to go to bed and have to get up around 4am to take a shower before surgery and be taken to the operating room at 630 .  Dr says should last until 1 .  He said he may do 5 to 7 bypasses.  Depends on if he can do a endarterectomy or not, or if the artery actually shows low blood flow because of the two blockages higher up.  He hopes he doesn’t have to do the endarterectomy.  

seemed knowledgeable and spoke how he will apply bypasses using the same pathway God uses.   A believer in God is important.

Lord willing I’ll check back in a few days.  My wife commented that I am approaching it with the same attitude I did on a jump or going to Iraq, although I was more excited for those things but not this one.  

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give him strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon him. Bless the means employed for the working out of his cure, granting that he may so endure his sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of his body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of his soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

My prayers and best wishes for a great outcome and a quick recovery.

Prayers are up Mike. Hope for a speedy recovery

Standing up on my Prayer Bones for your honored self and your bride as well!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hi everyone, this is Trigger Mike’s wife.  You all have been so thoughtful, I thought you might like an update.

He came through the surgery just fine, it took almost 6 hours.  Dr said he was very pleased, that Mike’s heart was happy because of all the new blood flow.  He didn’t have to do the endarterectomy, which is great news, but did do 6 bypasses.

When I was able to see him afterward, the nurse said he was already waking up before they got him to the room and they were ready.  Such a strong and independent guy I have.  He looked at me, half smiled, did the sign language I Love You, but also wrote “HURT” with his finger in my palm, which was heartbreaking.  Long road to recovery, but major hurdle cleared.

Thanks for prayers, thoughts and best wishes.  I know he’ll be back with you as soon as he can.

Wonderful news!

Now, do whatever you must to keep that boy in line while he heals up!  ^_^

Thank you for letting us know. You and your family are in our prayers.

Still standing up on my Prayer Bones for both of you!
Thank you for the most encouraging update!

On 1/22/2023 at 11:08 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thank you for the prayer Subdeacon Joe.  I also want to thank all of you.  I truly appreciate it.  I’m feeling better but get tired real easy so I want stay on here long.  

I told the dr that on a scale of 1 to 10 my pain yesterday was 5200.  It stayed that way even well into the night.  It finally got better after they got

me in a chair.  

Right now my sugar just went to 232 partly because of a fault with the IV line for the insulin.  They fixed it so we will see.  They just decided to put me

from

liquid to soft food.   

dr says all my other numbers look good.  The surgeon drew each bypass on the heart pillow they gave me that I use a lot.   

Prayers continuing from the Northern side of the Medicine Line.

And a prayer of thankfulness for the fine Cardiologists who have saved so many lives over the decades.  

Great news, still praying for your recovery.

Dad had that type of surgery. Advice, don’t loose that pillow and hug it as they say.

CJ

Yesterday was a horrendous day.  Lots more pain and then mid day I got neasueas and kept

having tiny vomits .  That meant back to

clear liquids.   It meant I could barely eat them.  Then around midnight I tried a few swallows of apple juice since the ginger ale and crackers and meds weren’t working.  Suddenly my vomiting turned to hiccups.  If

i held my

breath and then breathed into my hand I could get them to subside long enough to sleep an hour and a half then I’d wake up hiccuping again.  That went on until 5 am.  

now it just happens once in a while or if they get me moving.

the great news is they took out the chest tubes and catheter and IV meds.  They said if I can get my oxygen up to 99 then I can go home tomorrow.  It is 94 right now so I’ve got work to do.  

i still hurt some but certainly not like yesterday or Monday after surgery.  Lots I can’t do right now they tell

me.  

thank you very much for the support y’all gave.

Archived