SASS Wire Forum

Lever Action Lower for AR Uppers

Subdeacon Joe

16 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

12 rounds in 1 second?  NOT!   To equal an MP5's cyclic rate in semi-auto would require a binary trigger or forced reset trigger.  A heavy trigger spring won't get you there unless you are Jerry M.

Okay, maybe not. Still be fun to watch, see if the systolic rate goes away after the first 20.

1 minute ago, J.D. Daily said:

Other than shooting up rounds faster because of the detachable box magazine how would shooting it be more fun than shooting your short stroke Winchester 73?

For a cool CA compliant black rifle that uses AR-15 uppers I like the FightLite SBR for it's hybrid traditional tacticool looks. 

I don’t have a ‘73 and my life doesn’t revolve around cowboy guns.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

AdolescentLikableGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

7 hours ago, DocWard said:

... my greater fear is that it will bring unwanted attention from the anti-2A crowd, and open up yet another front for us to need to protect. An "AR lever action" will equal ALL lever actions in their minds. The populace that doesn't care to understand the difference between semi-automatic and automatic ...

It already does. They don't care to know the difference between this gun and that gun, it's a gun!

Actually, it isn't the gun that scares them, it is the gun owners. The anti-gunners can not make a distinction between someone who chooses to kill indiscriminately and someone who would only take down the indiscriminate killer, and even then when there is no real alternative. They are equally scared of anyone capable of killing of any reason. They think ultimately banning all guns will eliminate the fear. But criminals who would kill and those who would defend themselves against them will still walk among them.

And as to the OP (must get back to that!), it is an interesting idea. I could see it being a side match in some competition, though probably not in this sport.

11 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

And as to the OP (must get back to that!), it is an interesting idea. I could see it being a side match in some competition, though probably not in this sport.

Man, if you whip one of those out at a cowboy match there’s liable to be raisin’ some sand! It’ll be Higgledy-Piggledy, I tell ya!

:lol:

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

The anti-gunners can not make a distinction between someone who chooses to kill indiscriminately and someone who would only take down the indiscriminate killer, and even then when there is no real alternative. They are equally scared of anyone capable of killing of any reason.

I think it's more like projection.  They KNOW that they themselves can't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a slightly undercooked blancmange, and if such obviously superior people such as themselves have no impulse control, how much more dangerous are those outside and below their ivory towers?

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

For shame!! :D

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

….Well at least they can’t call it a “weapon of war”

Sure they can, they’re doing it now.

Archived