SASS Wire Forum

Lever Action Lower for AR Uppers

Subdeacon Joe

I don't recall if this has already been posted.

"

Here’s an unexpected find from the Bond Arms booth at SHOT Show. This unnamed lever gun prototype is compatible with standard AR-15 uppers and mags, as well as Remington 870 shotgun stocks.

The mechanism includes a unique asymmetric cam that generates variable leverage on the bolt to smooth out moments of higher resistance (i.e. feeding from the mag).

The lever also has dovetails that allow the loop to be swapped out to match various stock profiles, such as the Magpul SGA and Hogue stocks shown here. It also allows the user to switch from a small loop to a large loop without gunsmithing.

Bond Arms has been testing it with everything from .223 uppers to a .50 Beowulf upper over the course of the last year. They tell us they hope to release the finished version by this time next year.

#recoilmagazine #recoiloffgrid #shotshow #shotshow2023 #leveraction"

FB_IMG_1674354554917.jpg

I love the way Americans find ways to thumb their noses at stupid laws. Yeah, it's weird looking, but if it works and can be legal in liberal "paradises", more power to em!

Might be a way for Canadians to salvage at least a part of their now banned, subject to confiscation ARs.

Wonder if they did any market research to see if they’d sell?

23 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Abominations. Why must we too explore the near and far shores of unnatural conjunction? 

The times and/or states in which we live.

JHC

sad clown.jpg

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

These sure look similar. Bond amArms and POF USA guns

1AA6B559-333B-4530-9B67-D6BBFA90F504.jpeg.be47307a0c0bc79bce31b082478a9284.jpeg018FAE33-B314-410A-8343-40A3DD8D399B.thumb.jpeg.70dfcf295b0267bb2f68cf1bab81a987.jpeg

Just like the lever guns of the late 1800s.  

Big differences seem to be that the Bond mates to an AR upper, and you can run different calibers.  The POF is purpose built.

7 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Abominations. Why must we too explore the near and far shores of unnatural conjunction? 

Because we can??

Well, I used to say “Anything that attracts shooters to lever guns is a good thing”.

Perhaps now I should say “Any THING that attracts shooters to lever guns might be a good thing, but keep an eye on them.”

EBDE50A8-35AB-4FB5-BE97-EA68DEDBF384.thumb.jpeg.4f7df23249cdea1986a9044154f16709.jpeg

10 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Wonder if they did any market research to see if they’d sell?

California, Oregon, Washingtons both state and district and Illinois appear to be target markets.

On the one hand, I understand why. It is no longer a semi-automatic firearm, which may give some shooters in certain locales access to things such as greater capacity, detachable magazines, etc...

On the other hand, my greater fear is that it will bring unwanted attention from the anti-2A crowd, and open up yet another front for us to need to protect. An "AR lever action" will equal ALL lever actions in their minds. The populace that doesn't care to understand the difference between semi-automatic and automatic, and will bite on such terms as "full semi-automatic" when spoken by some retired general looking for fifteen minutes of fame, won't care to understand the difference yet again.

2 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

It’s butt-ugly but it might be fun to play with...

I would like to shoot one, but I fear it might actually be fun. 
We can’t be having that now, can we? image.png.4ee9331b67ea907bdb1fdc2c930e699a.png

3 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

It’s butt-ugly but it might be fun to play with...

Just like an old girlfriend I had, she was butt ugly but lots of fun to play with!:lol:

31 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Just like an old girlfriend I had, she was butt ugly but lots of fun to play with!:lol:

I wonder if she said the same about you! :P

29 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I wonder if she said the same about you! :P

I’m sure she did!! :P

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

On the one hand, I understand why. It is no longer a semi-automatic firearm, which may give some shooters in certain locales access to things such as greater capacity, detachable magazines, etc...

On the other hand, my greater fear is that it will bring unwanted attention from the anti-2A crowd, and open up yet another front for us to need to protect. An "AR lever action" will equal ALL lever actions in their minds. The populace that doesn't care to understand the difference between semi-automatic and automatic, and will bite on such terms as "full semi-automatic" when spoken by some retired general looking for fifteen minutes of fame, won't care to understand the difference yet again.

My thoughts exactly!

Well at least they can’t call it a “weapon of war”

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You had one of those also? Me two, or three, or four.

Anyway, before I forget what the thread is about...aw, crap.

17 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Anybody want to start a pool on when the first short stroke kits become available?

7 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

California, Oregon, Washingtons both state and district and Illinois appear to be target markets.

The POF is short stroke.

Betting on selling these in states with AWB's is likely to be a bad bet.  The Federal courts will moot all AWB's in 2023 or 2024.  Saint Benitez has already bounce CA's AWB however the 9th Circus Court of Appeals stayed his ruling.  Later a en banc panel used their word smithing & ability to ignore elephants in the room skills to uphold CA's AWB.  The plaintiffs appealed to SCOTUS where it sat until the day after Hobbs opinion was published when SCOTUS vacated the 9th Circus riling with direction to review following the 1 step Bruen test.  Like with other 9th Circus 2A cases the appeals court sent the cases to the original court to rehear.  Unless something catastrophic happens it will take no more than 2 years to get a final decision.  The CA DOJ won't bother to appeal beyond the 3 judge appeals panel.  They may just decide that they won't risk loosing at the 9th Circus appeal to save HI, OR & WA from having their AWB's mooted.  I am sure SCOTUS will eventually rule AWB's are an unconstitutional infringement of the 2A.  The alternative is all the circuit courts of appeals with jurisdiction over states with AWB's will rule each unconstitutional.  The other state & federal infringements that are likely to fall in the next few years are: age limits greater than 18, safe gun lists, 50 cal ban, magazine capacity limts, requiring good moral character, list of your social media accounts, phych. evals, list of references for carry license, banning carrying in most public a private locations.  The states that had their may issue CC laws rejected by Bruen have shown extreme contempt of SCOTUS by their open defiance of the Bruen.  They are playing the passive aggressive game with their revisions of their CC laws.  Good Moral Character is the process equivalent of good cause requirement that SCOTUS will reject.  The including the kitchen sink list of the places where a person who is not prohibited from keeping arms clearly can't bear arms defies Thomas's questioning of NY attorney during oral arguments & the opinion

10 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Oh yeah.

I'd be fun to shoot. Short stroke would be awesome. I'd love to see some of these really fast lever folks shoot it. Betcha it'd be faster than an MP-5.

12 rounds in 1 second?  NOT!   To equal an MP5's cyclic rate in semi-auto would require a binary trigger or forced reset trigger.  A heavy trigger spring won't get you there unless you are Jerry M.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I would like to shoot one, but I fear it might actually be fun. 
We can’t be having that now, can we? image.png.4ee9331b67ea907bdb1fdc2c930e699a.png

Other than shooting up rounds faster because of the detachable box magazine how would shooting it be more fun than shooting your short stroke Winchester 73?

For a cool CA compliant black rifle that uses AR-15 uppers I like the FightLite SBR for it's hybrid traditional tacticool looks. 

Archived