SASS Wire Forum

World’s oldest dog

Buckshot Bob

Guinness World Records names 23-year-old Chihuahua mix from Ohio world's oldest living dog

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/guinness-world-records-names-23-year-old-chihuahua-mix-ohio-worlds-oldest-living-dog

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Jees…that’s a long time for an annoying little PITA.

An ancient ankle biter!!

We have a 19 yr old Pom that's basically blind and deaf. She gets lost inside and out when she goes to go potty (when she doesn't do it inside :() Maybe we should put her down but I haven't been able to do it.  She still gets around and LOVES to eat. Some years ago one of our most beloved dogs had CHF and got real bad. One night he couldn't breathe, I stayed up most the night with him, should have took him out at shot him, but again couldn't do it. The next morning he was actually doing better. We later had to put him down when he couldn't breathe again. You'd think old dogs would be considerate to just up and die, but all too often it doesn't work out that way.

JHC

Mr. Shorty

006.JPG

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Jees…that’s a long time for an annoying little PITA.

I had an aunt and uncle used to breed/sell/show Chihuahuas. Had a whole yard full of 'em. Some were the sweetest little dogs you ever saw, had a few that were mean as Hell! A lot in between. They had a male or two that made me happy I wore boots and jeans!

JHC https://i.pinimg.com/736x/83/af/b8/83afb86bb2971aa388a2fec616a19c66.jpg

My sweet little Min- pin was only twelve when I had to put her down. God how I miss her. My sister in law also has Min-pins one is still up and running and is now 21 years old living in Arizona. Love and care does a lot 

4 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

My sweet little Min- pin was only twelve when I had to put her down. God how I miss her. My sister in law also has Min-pins one is still up and running and is now 21 years old living in Arizona. Love and care does a lot 

Love and care certainly goes a long way, sadly can't fix everything. Mr. Shorty was only about 10 but had a bad heart valve. Few years ago we adopted a Manchester. Probably the sweetest dog we've ever had and also the biggest PITA!!!! He was pretty young, and he just got sick and died in a couple days. The vet didn't know what was wrong with him either. Probably the fastest dog I've ever seen! He could do a windsprint from the back to the front yard before I could take two steps.

JHC

Chaco

029.JPG

Must be the air here in Ohio!B)

I had two cats, one lived to 21 the other 20. They were indoor Siamese cats, half brother and sister and proud incestual parents of 4!!  

The Boobie will be fifteen years old next month!!

Her birthday is Valentine’s Day.

Then. About 1 year old

007FF3AC-FE47-4A80-AEA4-143C5A46DB2F.jpeg

Now!

80332106-B32C-45F4-9DFB-75621FD4595B.jpeg

And YES!!  She is SPOILED ROTTEN!!

Bluey was the name of the oldest dog ever reliably recorded. She was an Australian cattle dog, and she lived to be 29 years and 5 months.

Since she died in 1939, there aren’t a lot of detailed records about her. However, what we do know is that she lived in Rochester, Victoria, Australia. She was a very busy dog and worked with sheep and cattle for more than two decades. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:15 PM, DeaconKC said:

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 perfectly said!

No 'taint.  I have a chihuahua mix, my second, and they are tied with a Portuguese Podengo as the three best dogs that ever lived.

First Chihuahua was  rat terrier mix and lived over 16 years.

The Podengo was the only male of the three and the lasted 13 years before he gave way to cancer.

My current dog is a Min-Pin mix and just turned 9.

Our little chihuahua/Australian terrier mix was 13 when we had to put her down.  She had a cancerous mass behind her left foreleg that we treated her for with chemo until a week before this past Christmas.  She seemed to be doing fairly well, but woke us up screaming and barking. Took her out to the vet clinic where her canine oncologist had been treating her, but they couldn't relieve her pain, so we did the kindest thing and had them put her down. Broke my wife and my hearts!  She was such a good dog and very smart.  Problem now is her buddy, Lucy, a 12 year-old cockapoo is  lonesome, and we haven't found a suitable companion at any of the shelters, nor a puppy she liked.  Now we've got snow and cold sticking around, and probably will wait until Spring to try to find a puppy for her. :(

7 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Our little chihuahua/Australian terrier mix was 13 when we had to put her down.  She had a cancerous mass behind her left foreleg that we treated her for with chemo until a week before this past Christmas.  She seemed to be doing fairly well, but woke us up screaming and barking. Took her out to the vet clinic where her canine oncologist had been treating her, but they couldn't relieve her pain, so we did the kindest thing and had them put her down. Broke my wife and my hearts!  She was such a good dog and very smart.  Problem now is her buddy, Lucy, a 12 year-old cockapoo is  lonesome, and we haven't found a suitable companion at any of the shelters, nor a puppy she liked.  Now we've got snow and cold sticking around, and probably will wait until Spring to try to find a puppy for her. :(

Deep sympathy! Been there more than a few times.  "If there were a just God, dogs would live as long as men."

Archived