SASS Wire Forum

A Big THANK YOU!!!! To the Mods and Admin

Subdeacon Joe

It’s still there.

There are multiple spammers and each has to be banned,  Unless there is a good spam blocker they can come back quickly and do it all over again.  My instinct is that this is not anything to do with the airlines, but just an attempt to disrupt a shooting site.

1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

My instinct is that this is not anything to do with the airlines, but just an attempt to disrupt a shooting site.

My gut feeling is that a spammer found an opening and took advantage of it.  Forum content has nothing to do with it.

This is going to take a lot of work! This is what you get from having an open sight which has been discussed before. Oh well, it's all up to SASS!

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This is going to take a lot of work! This is what you get from having an open sight which has been discussed before. Oh well, it's all up to SASS!

Exactly right, Rye. Might be time to require SASS membership and verification for all users.

39 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Exactly right, Rye. Might be time to require SASS membership and verification for all users.

Yep. Because there is ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER WAY to attract new members, than to require them to pay $50 before they can look at the website and see if they like the idea.

I was a member of the SASS wire for at least 2 years before I joined SASS. Probably a whole lot of people here were members of the wire before they ever joined.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Yep. Because there is ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER WAY to attract new members, than to require them to pay $50 before they can look at the website and see if they like the idea.

I was a member of the SASS wire for at least 2 years before I joined SASS. Probably a whole lot of people here were members of the wire before they ever joined.

Inflation  I just re upped @ $69.

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Membership has its privileges. 

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

That would deprive you of my erudition, with, and wisdom. :lol:

And sarcasm.  Gotta mention that. :D

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

There’s ways to check out people without having them actually join SASS, they could answer a few questions and then be okayed by a moderator. We do that on some groups on Facebook. It doesn’t prevent scammers 100% of the time but it does cut down on them like crazy!

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Viewing and posting are two very different things.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That would deprive you of my erudition, with, and wisdom. :lol:

And sarcasm.  Gotta mention that. :D

You're sarcastic? I thought you were just a smart ass.:P

4 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

You're sarcastic? I thought you were just a smart ass.:P

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Smart a$$?   Me????

No, sir. I don't have the ability to sit on an ice cream cone and tell you the flavor.

:lol:

Just remember, a wise man and a wise ass are two completely different things.

The Spam problem is getting worse. I am a Moderator on another shooting/hunting site and it is a problem. Most of it is coming from SE Asia and gets posted during the middle of the night. The other site lets any member post and it's real easy to join. We block the posters id and they just change them. 

Archived