SASS Wire Forum

Kristi is pissed

PowderRiverCowboy

And well I dont blame her, just another example of Dont ask what you can do for your Government But what they will do to you

Gov. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.) is demanding answers after her Social Security Number was leaked by the federal government in a document related to the House Select Committee’s investigation of the Jan. 6 protests. 

In a letter addressed to Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), Noem’s lawyers condemned the security breach, asking to know how the agencies plan to combat the high-risk issue.

“Gov. Noem and her family are now at very high risk of identity theft and being personally compromised due to the failure to redact the social security numbers and make the same available to the public,” the letter reads.

Noem’s husband, three children, and her son-in-law’s Social Security Numbers were also leaked.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/01/08/kristi-noem-speaks-out-after-federal-agencies-leak-her-social-security-number-n2618024

8 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Notice how all the leaked info was Republicans:angry:

Remember the times, I think in NY, NJ, and WA, when newspapers published the personal information of gun owners, then the editors and reporters bawled like male calves at round up when someone made their personal information available online?  Screaming that it violated their First Amendment rights and threatened Freedom of the Press and the safety of themselves and their families.  Couldn't grasp that they were exposing gun owners to even greater threats and violating their Second Amendment civil rights.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Couldn't grasp that they were exposing gun owners to even greater threats and violating their Second Amendment civil rights.

They grasp it , they just have double standards. Rules for thee, but not for me. They don’t hate guns they hate private gun ownership. They love that the government has guns 

They would probably advise against the computerization of important information, because it can and will be leaked, on purpose or otherwise.

Not so very long ago, for example, if you wanted somebody's medical records, you'd have to burglarize the hospital building or the doctor's office, and then find the file room and unlock that. Now, all it takes is one person to leave his laptop on the car seat, and hundreds of thousands of records are released.

As far as my social security number is concerned, the important thing to me is that the check keeps coming.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Remember the times, I think in NY, NJ, and WA, when newspapers published the personal information of gun owners, then the editors and reporters bawled like male calves at round up when someone made their personal information available online?  Screaming that it violated their First Amendment rights and threatened Freedom of the Press and the safety of themselves and their families.  Couldn't grasp that they were exposing gun owners to even greater threats and violating their Second Amendment civil rights.

It happened in Cleveland in 2004 when our CCW went in effect. The local rag newspaper printed names of CCW permit holders but the AG of Ohio and the Governor stopped it real  quick ! 

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

They would probably advise against the computerization of important information, because it can and will be leaked, on purpose or otherwise.

Not so very long ago, for example, if you wanted somebody's medical records, you'd have to burglarize the hospital building or the doctor's office, and then find the file room and unlock that. Now, all it takes is one person to leave his laptop on the car seat, and hundreds of thousands of records are released.

As far as my social security number is concerned, the important thing to me is that the check keeps coming.

You're so right. We have visiting nurse coming for Ellie and they have complete access to her record from Dartmouth Health. Convenient, but scary.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Gee, I wonder what our Founding Fathers would think of the world today and what their advice would be to fix it?

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
--Ellen Ripley

Archived