SASS Wire Forum

New 18" 73 in 44 mag

Doc Moses

I didn't need it but I knew I was going to get it...

I have a great 92 in 44mag and a swell 73 in 357 but I just like shooting the 73 so much. I am a 44 fanatic so I wanted my main rifle to be a 44. Yet I was always shooting the 73. So I have been watching for a 44 mag. Figured I'd find one off the wire when I had some money...instead one showed up at my lgs. I looked, but left the store empty handed, until the next day after work. Now it is at home and the 92 is sold to a friend. (I had to sell to get back SOME of the purchase price. :() Here is the review so far.

Info says it holds 9. I figured I could get a telescoping mag spring...or get it to run 44 special...or put on a mag tube from a 19" or 20". Something to get it up to 10 for CAS.  To be sure I loaded it up with...10 44 special dummy rounds! It ran them through as fast as I could work it!  I decided to see how close it was to loading mags. Loaded in 10 44mag dummy rounds!  They all fit and it cycles as fast as I could run it!

Happy with the rifle. It is stiff but when I get in some better screw drivers I will smooth it out a bit. I plan to shoot it on a stage at next month's match. Super excited and HAPPY it doesn't need major modifications to get 10 rounds in. If you are a 44 guy and want a 73 in 44 mag that will run specials too, don't be afraid to pick up the Cimarron 18" Marshall carbine!  It is still stiff but it works!

IMG_20230120_221511439.jpg

IMG_20230120_221521320.jpg

IMG_20230120_221530639.jpg

IMG_20230120_221613198_HDR.jpg

19 minutes ago, Doc Fill 'Em 67797 said:

Well let’s see some pics!

Got em in. The bottom rifle is the 20" 357 that I got used. Re-finished the wood on it to get rid of the Uberti orange and trimmed off some of the stock to get it shorter and flat. The top is the new rifle. The receivers are lined up so you can see that it is 2" shorter on the barrel. Since I took off 2 inches from the stock on the 357 they r about the same size over all.  Not planning to cut the stock but will probably refinish it. 44 is a little lighter too.  Thanks for humoring me! 

Archived