SASS Wire Forum

Undergraduate Mathematics Education as a White, Cisheteropatriarchal Space and Opportunities for Structural Disruption to Advance Queer of Color Justice

Subdeacon Joe

He's a Looney!

https://www.thecollegefix.com/college-math-is-a-white-cisheteropatriarchal-space-professor-says-at-major-conference/

"I conclude by re-imagining undergraduate mathematics education with structural disruptions that advance justice for learners marginalized across intersections of race, gender, and sexuality,” the abstract added.

Leyva is also an affiliate in Vanderbilt’s Department of Gender & Sexuality Studies, according to his faculty bio. His work ”draws on critical race theory, women of color feminisms, and queer of color critique to conceptually and methodologically ground his scholarship, which centers historically marginalized voices in STEM higher education across intersections of race, gender, and sexuality.”

Leyva was named the 2022 LGBTQ+ Educator of the Year by Out to Innovate, a professional organization for LGBTQ+ people in STEM, Vanderbilt stated in a news release last May.

Leyva’s social justice pedagogy questioned by mathematician, Vanderbilt student

“[Leyva’s] abstract reads like an over-the-top caricature, another Sokal hoax,” Aryeh Kontorovich, a professor of computer science at Ben-Gurion University in Israel, told The Fix via email. “This one is all too real, I know.”"

28 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

He's a Looney!

https://www.thecollegefix.com/college-math-is-a-white-cisheteropatriarchal-space-professor-says-at-major-conference/

"I conclude by re-imagining undergraduate mathematics education with structural disruptions that advance justice for learners marginalized across intersections of race, gender, and sexuality,” the abstract added.

Leyva is also an affiliate in Vanderbilt’s Department of Gender & Sexuality Studies, according to his faculty bio. His work ”draws on critical race theory, women of color feminisms, and queer of color critique to conceptually and methodologically ground his scholarship, which centers historically marginalized voices in STEM higher education across intersections of race, gender, and sexuality.”

Leyva was named the 2022 LGBTQ+ Educator of the Year by Out to Innovate, a professional organization for LGBTQ+ people in STEM, Vanderbilt stated in a news release last May.

Leyva’s social justice pedagogy questioned by mathematician, Vanderbilt student

“[Leyva’s] abstract reads like an over-the-top caricature, another Sokal hoax,” Aryeh Kontorovich, a professor of computer science at Ben-Gurion University in Israel, told The Fix via email. “This one is all too real, I know.”"

........ say wha..... ?  :huh:

10 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

He's a loony.

I can't figure it out either.  Looks to me like he strung together a bunch of random LGBTQMOUSE terms.

..... sounds to me like he needs to be charged with excessive, and probably inappropriate, use of really big words .....  :blush:

9 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... sounds to me like he needs to be charged with excessive, and probably inappropriate, use of really big words .....  :blush:

That is known as sesquipedalian loquaciousness.

He’s trying to be a perpetual student.  This is how he gets to stay in school and maybe obtain a permanent professorship.

If you can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bull$#!+!!

I have to laugh at the LGBTQWTF class of mental illness.

Take a moment to consider the Ultimate Loser:

•  A male cuts off his Johnson to "be a woman"
•  Now has to sit down to pee
•  Eventually develops prostate cancer
•  Still has no clitoris
•  Pretends to get a period
•  Demands Tampax in the men's rest room
•  Wins at female sports events

After indulging his mental illness, he realizes he is not a woman at all.  
He is actually a kazoo that identifies as a giraffe.

meme.transgender.kazoo.identify.giraffe.fluid.spectrum.360.sfw.jpg

Prof Irwin Corey made more sense that this guy!

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ say wha..... ?  :huh:

What it was trying to say is that it sucks at math and wants the system changed to give it a passing grade. 

Why am I reminded of my Father's comment: Bullchit Baffles Brains!

9 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.............. and from a, apparent, fruit .... :unsure:

That fruit’s parents probably don’t claim it!!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Will anyone bet he DOESN'T get a federal or state grant out of this?

5 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Nope!

...... me neither .....  :mellow:

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ riiiiiight ......  that's ilegal isn't it ? :huh:

It ain't, but it oughta be.

Undergraduate Mathematics Education as a White, Cisheteropatriarchal Space and Opportunities for Structural Disruption to Advance Queer of Color Justice

I just read this again and realized it’s racist. Also it basically says the math is racist and anti personal genital use and lifestyle focused. One could also say that since math is base education (building block) a way to disrupt should be found to promote a perceived justice for odd things and different light aspects and perceptions of various hues in certain light. 

I have a headache now. I am tired and going to bed. 
I am pretty sure if someone walked up to me right now and said that headline to me I would bust them in the mouth then throw them outside. 
Actually, no I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t want to get any of it on me. They wouldn’t be in my house anyway. I shy away from morons and idiots and do not allow them into my home. 

Oh yeah, Good Night All

Archived