SASS Wire Forum

Need hat work in NC

Bearfoot Tracker

Does anyone know of someone in NC that does custom hat work.

I need a new leather sweatband sewed into one of my hats.

I sent my hat to a place in Texas about 6 years ago and with shipping it cost almost $100.00 and was a very poor-quality leather band and a poor job sawing it in, and they are a known hat maker! About three years ago I found a dealer on the Etsy web site that sells custom sewed and sized leather sweat bands for $20.00 with instructions on how to sew it in. I ordered one and the quality of the band was great, and it only took me about 1 1/2 hour to sew it in so I ordered another one for a hat that I hadn't worn in 10 years because the leather band went bad  and it was the same quality as the first one I ordered and I cut my install time to  1 hr. and then my brother asked me to replace his! I did three and they all came out great. and far better than that hat store in Texas. There is more than one seller on that web site selling custom sized leather hat bands. V.D.

Blackwater Desperado used to work with hats, but I don't know if he still does. He is located somewhere near Wartrace. Randy St. Eagle or one of the Wartrace cowboys should be able to help you find him.

Good luck

Lucky :D

4 hours ago, Lucky R. K. said:

Blackwater Desperado used to work with hats, but I don't know if he still does. He is located somewhere near Wartrace. Randy St. Eagle or one of the Wartrace cowboys should be able to help you find him.

Good luck

Lucky :D

Thanks for the plug, RK!

Sorry, I sold the last of my stuff about a year and a half ago and retired.  It had got to where my neuropathy had me finding burns on my hands, hours after I’d done hat repairs and handling a needle and thread was way too frustrating.

Not sure who I would recommend, but I’ll do some checking.

STAY TUNED!!

Archived