SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy & Indian Large Carrier

Hawk Eyes Hudson

I saw that C & I was back in stock with their large cal carrier.  I have emailed and called with no response.  Item statement says this carrier will fit a 44-40, but not in any one rifle.  I guess it would be 1873 but what brand is a no say, at this point.  Has anyone ever installed this carrier on a Miroku.  I would like to lighten my cycle and this to me would help if it will work.  I am really surprised they are stay in business.

OH Well, Just a little cowboy talk!

Hawk Eyes Hudson

Right off their website.

"Light-weight aluminum carrier weighs only 1 ounce. Lighter weight means less drag when levering your rifle. Anodized color, fits 38/40, 44/40, and 45LC calibers for your 1866 & 1873 Uberti rifles."

Well you see Billy, You would still be in business, "You answered my question?"  Although I don't think I would buy from you!  It was just a question!

Wow!  This is really out of the ordinary.  Just got a drop from my mail man and it was my C & I Large Cal Carrier I ordered last week.  I took down my Miroku and lubed up the lifter, lever and springs tightened it up and it runs perfectly.  Ejects and cycles perfect without tuning anything.  Confucius is right,  "One picture is worth a thousand words!

Cowboy & Indian Store Carrier.jpg

Wowee. that is pretty special. 

Have you shot real ammo in it yet?  That will tell you the truth for sure. 

If it works after about 100 rounds, with no hickups, let us know!

You are right about that Oklahoma Dee.  I brought this gun about five years ago just as a safe queen.  I have been building various government issue military sanctioned weaponry that is now  under attack by the liberals who have made money and received contributions through various entities over the years.  I have only recently fallen back in love with the founding western guns that brought this great nation to its fruition so many years ago.  I have applied prior knowledge and know that not all crossover applications work but some do.  I find that the build and go to the range shoot concept to be totally outdated.  I hope that in the future I can interest anyone I come across to realize that SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting is an experience and represents fulfillment that not only fulfills the investment of your time but can include almost any member of your family.  I see that our help is needed to further the concept generated years ago by the Wild Bunch and keep a great institution healthy and ongoing.   That being said, I have done all of the work on my Pioneer Clone Uberti 357 Magnum from scratch and it runs like an old sewing machine.   I have a Uberti 44Mag 19" on the way and will probably go PGW.  I installed the Pioneer coil spring kit in the 357 and although pricey I will put it on any rifle that I own that will accept it.  I did purchase another C & I carrier for the forthcoming 44 Mag.  just this evening because of the functionality of the carrier in my Miroku.  I realize that few like the new Winchester 73,  I was told that because of their constant design changes it caused fits for the aftermarket designer.  I own the gun it works well and this is just another find that makes it function better.  I only found the extended firing pin and safety lever spring which works well.  I even have an old Henry 44 mag Golden Boy that loads down the tube but I will shoot it every now and then just for the experience.   I had a club member ask why I was shooting Bisley Vaqueros which I converted with Power Customs half-cock hammers.  I said. "Because I like Em'. "  Well I have talked long enough,  I will let you know when the 100 goes down range, but I am fairly confident it will be good.

Well fellow Cowpokes, I have lost your attention by now.  Be safe, enjoy everyday and be glad we get to do what we do!

Hawk Eyes Hudson

I wish to correct a statement about the Cowboys & Indian Store.  I just finished a  phone conversation with Jim Bowie of C&I.  Mr. Bowie's wife contacted me via email requesting my direct phone number and within a few minutes of my reply we were on the phone....  It was a very pleasurable talk not only answering all of my questions about their parts and the Winchester Miroku but also discovering that I live exactly where he grew up in Texas.  The Richmond/Rosenberg area.  Bowie related much of his family history from a kid in Rosenberg to time spent in the service and concerns for our country.  A man of value and history related to Cowboy Action Shooting and the SASS Organization.   A good man and an even "gooder" Cowboy.   I tip my hat to C&I and Cowboy Jim!

Archived