SASS Wire Forum

Marty’s Back!

Lawdog Dago Dom

1 minute ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Wish we could have found a cure for Parkinson's by now! :(

Has anything been cured since the Polio vaccination?

Makes ya wonder where all that research money goes and what its actually used for.

I too wish those things like Parkinson's, MS, child cancers, etc..... would get cured.

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Makes ya wonder where all that research money goes and what its actually used for.

I too wish those things like Parkinson's, MS, child cancers, etc..... would get cured.

..........Widder

Just look at the drug ads on tv, that'll tell you where the research money goes. 

- Want to quit smoking? Take this drug, oh...but watch it...you might commit suicide.

- Gay male? Have aids? Take this drug and you can have safe gay sex.

- Want to bring back dinosaurs? Look at the work we've done with dino dna. Jurassic Park coming up.

- Etc, etc.

Truth is that if a cure for cancer, Parkinsons, Alzheimer's, MS, other major diseases were found...the medical community/business would lose billions of dollars in care, treatment and grants for research. Don't think for a second that the medical field is not a business, it is...a trillion dollar+ business. I'm not so sure that there isn't a concerted effort to purposefully NOT find a cure for these and other diseases. I hope that isn't the case but I have read articles that seem to indicate that is the case and it kind of makes sense from a business perspective.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:09 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Not cured but eliminated. Smallpox 

Archived