SASS Wire Forum

New Teddy Roosevelt Side Match featured in Cowboy Chronicle.

Opened the newest issue of the Cowboy Chronicle today, and saw an article about about an official new sidematch named for Teddy Roosevelt.  It's being billed as a variant of Wild Bunch, where the "main Match" rifle is swapped out for a rifle in a "rifle" caliber.   But most intriguing is that the Savage 99 and the Winchester 95 are legal!   To that I can only say, it's about time.   I've been wishing for a side match where the 95 was legal for years, and we've finally got one!   

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I just hope it catches on.

Please note that is a WBAS sidematch using Wild Bunch pistol and shotguns.

SASS rules have been allowing the:

Open Category (may be used at the match director’s option to include those firearms not covered by other official Long Range Categories).

SHB p.29

for quite some time.

i glanced at it but need to go back and read the whole thing , i dont yet understand how this is a new side match , but ill digest it and see if i can , i do have the sharps - so i could play 

And, be careful about what you let people shoot, unless you have 1/2" AR500 steel targets.   Even lead is hard on targets and stands at 1800 FPS or more, and less than 100 yards distance.

good luck, GJ

Archived