SASS Wire Forum

A Couple of Geniuses

Subdeacon Joe

If this wasn’t on video one would wonder what they were really up to. :lol:

Why would anyone send a video proving they’re idiots to a news outlet or post it online?

Edit: because they’re idiots…Duh!

they are from california - how do i say this with tact ? , there is no way you can live in that mess and not be messed up , problem is they are moving away and messing up where they go too , 

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why would anyone send a video proving they’re idiots to a news outlet or post it online?

Probably belong to the same class of people who leave classified documents all over the place! It is "interesting"...when I worked for an outfit where we had to handle classified documents, heaven help anyone who walked away from his desk, leaving such a paper without locking it up in the padlocked drawer, or, as I did, returning it to the classified documents library, and logging it in as I watched the librarian return it to a secure drawer! We did have an Air Force officer who left a briefcase with classified materials at a truckstop. Fortunately, it was spotted by another officer who recognized the case, and secured it immediately.  The careless one was transferred to a training base where he didn't have access to classifieds (although I wonder if it was due to his having observed a UFO at a remote site). 

4 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Lots of crates, not all wire, and you'd be surprised what a smart dog can do.

Our German Shepherd from a number of years ago (not the one pictured in my avatar - that's our current big boy, Huckleberry) was crated when we moved into the new house (until she could get comfortable in the new space and I could have an appropriate dog door installed).

Her given name was Chewie (Star Wars reference) but her ease of escape earned her the additional nickname Chewdini.

This dog (remember a full size German Shepherd) could escape a wire crate in seconds WITHOUT popping the latched gate or damaging the unit.

You would crate her and walk into the kitchen and by the time you opened the fridge - she was next to you looking up proudly and hoping for a treat.

She would NOT escape if you watched her - she would lay down and act like, "Oh woe is me - Im trapped forever".

Needless to say - crating her was pointless and the doggy door situation was handled with some urgency.

Sadly all this was before wireless Ring cams were available so we never figured out how she was doing it - eventually gave the crate to a friend who used it for years with various dogs without a single escape.

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

they are from california - how do i say this with tact ? , there is no way you can live in that mess and not be messed up , problem is they are moving away and messing up where they go too , 

Yeah. Probably back to Idaho. :lol:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Welll.

They ARE Californians!

I think that's a lot like our Vancouverites.

Something in the water out there?

“Stupid is as stupid does,Sir!”

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

You're saying that Hardpan is messed up???

Ok,ok...bad example.:D

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

yes , bad example - no offense hard[pan , not knowing you personally im not sure why you live there 

Some of us can't afford to move.   Some of us have deep family ties in California.  Some of us feel that, in general the quality of life here beats other places. 

You look at California and see San Francisco and Los Angeles.  There is a heck of a lot more to California than those caricatures.  It is unfortunate that those two metro areas control our politics.

My wife and I were tied to Illinois for many years. Parents with failing health who we were the caregivers for, careers we were close to retirement in. Once those restrictions were gone, we did leave. But how do you suggest someone ignore their parents, children, grandchildren, jobs, etc? No one wants to be trapped in those areas, but that is the hard and sad reality.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:55 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Some of us can't afford to move.   Some of us have deep family ties in California.  Some of us feel that, in general the quality of life here beats other places. 

You look at California and see San Francisco and Los Angeles.  There is a heck of a lot more to California than those caricatures.  It is unfortunate that those two metro areas control our politics.

i get that , some might ask why i live in minnesota with all we suffer from , i just point at my kids and grandkids and admitt ill never tell my wife we have to move away from them , God knows i think of it every day but in all honesty if he wanted me elsewhere it would be so , there was a time when i thought we might have relocated to colorado - talked of it when my daughter thought she was going to move for her coaching job with the olympics team but .......that never hap[pened and im not convinced that would have been anything but a latteral move regarding the politics and taxes really , 

ill be here till my wife says shes willing to move , which depends on grandkids now and probably great grandkids before anything else , ive resigned myself to that fact , so yes .......i do understand 

Archived