SASS Wire Forum

Anybody in Texas need primers?

Tell Sackett SASS 18436

I just obtained some more Federal primers today, BUT, I find myself in need of some cash, and it’s a long time till Landrun!! So….

I was thinking-are there any groups of shooters in Texas (or nearby) who would be willing to pool their resources and send 1 person to buy primers from me(in the Houston area)? Shoot, I might be willing to meet them halfway!

I have SP, SP Magnum, and LP for $100 per 1000.

I have Gold Medal Match SP &LP for $110 per 1000.

These are all FEDERAL!!

I plan to vend 3 or 4 annuals this spring, but that doesn’t help now!

I don't really like soliciting business, but I can’t think of anything else.

PS: once my current inventory is lowered, I can hopefully find more at an even better price.

Also- no limits, no taxes(already paid), no shipping-except a tank of gas!

Anyone interested?

I’ll spread the word in my neck of the woods 

As we talked earlier I plan on being at Trailhead 2023 March 9-12 and can bring some back to central Texas if someone wants to get some from this area. I live just north of Austin. Just let me know if I can help in anyway.

Texas Maverick

I find Tell's prices fair and he is good pard to deal with.  I have bought from him before and plan to again.  Got him looking for GM200Ms as they are my preferred primer but  200s from him will hold me until we give up on GM search.   

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I find Tell's prices fair and he is good pard to deal with.  I have bought from him before and plan to again.  Got him looking for GM200Ms as they are my preferred primer but  200s from him will hold me until we give up on GM search.   

I have 3k if you want them.

1 hour ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

????

I had no plans to go. While vending at Bordertown a woman came up to me and said she was in charge of vendors at EOT, and that she’d like me to come be a vendor. Wow, I was thrilled! They wanted ME to come to EIT and sell primers!!

Well, no. I should drive 1100 each way, spend $1000-1500 on lodging, PLUS pay them $440 for the privilege of vending!:unsure:

When I invite someone to dinner with me I don’t expect them to pay for their dinner! You know-hospitality!

When I found out I wasn’t being offered hospitality after all I asked them if they would waive the vendor fee. I make NO money doing this, and it would cost a lot just too attend! I was informed they couldn’t “accommodate” me! 
Now if she had just said upfront she was soliciting another vendor that would be fine, but after thinking they were extending me their hospitality…..

So, they DIDN’T want me to go.

13 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I have 3k if you want them.

SENT YOU EMAIL.

12 hours ago, Johnny Knight said:

Tell,

Put me down for 2 bricks of Large Pistol and 1 brick of Small Rifle.  I'll be out towards Bellville next week, so I can catch up with you then if that works for you.

Johnny

Sure!

To my Pards in The West Texas Town of El Paso

Was in the Cabellas store on El Paso’s west side. Great place to go. A sad commentary on my lack of decisiveness and will power … I go in there with one and only one item in mind to purchase … and exit the store with all manner of stuff I didn’t know I needed … or wanted. And … all too often … forget to buy the needed item.

Anyway, was pleased to see primers on the shelves. Not a great selection … but surely beats nothing at all and is a testament to their continuing efforts to stock reloading supplies. They did have small pistol primers. No, I wasn’t greedy, or a hoarder, nor did I clean them out. Bot 500 of ‘em. Will keep me going a long time and left plenty on the shelf for others.

No large pistol primers or large rifle primers but I have faith they’re trying. Ditto for powders … some rifle powders but lack of pistol powders. 

SPP’s are not only useful for my 9mm’s and 9 Mak, I have it in good authority that they can be used for light Cowboy loads for my 25-20.

I’m a lifelong shooter. The drought in availability of reloading supplies is not new to me. Those with long memories will remember droughts some decades past when a certain political party and a certain President was in The White House.

This availability issue, howsomeever, has persisted for so, so long. With patience … maybe lots of patience … maybe, just maybe, we’ll see availability again, if not genuine abundance.

Anyway, was glad to see some of the stuff I needed. 

Keep on the sunny side 

Adios 

Fort Reno Kid 

Archived