SASS Wire Forum

FS: Jimmy Spurs full race SASS Vaqueros 357

MBFields

Title says it all. Jimmy Spurs work makes these incredible. Transfer bar is removed.  The Box for these is not numbers matching but is a red SASS Vaquero box with everything in it that came from a pair I bought from him a few years back, in perfect condition. Will have these at EOT if they do not sell. $2750 + shipping

Sass Vaqueros 1.jpg

Sass Vaqueros.jpg

Red Box.jpg

Red Box 2.jpg

Superb work and not bad pricing by todays market.  Sassy sure likes her Jimmy Spur NMV, and doubt she would take that for either pair.  IMHO, Jimmy Spur's full cock revolvers to be of the finest, if not THE finest for two hand CAS.

You’re right, @Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator! I LOVE my Jimmy Spurs NMV with Full stroke/half cock! I have three identical ones that I rotate. Jimmy does amazing work and has incredible customer service. If I needed pistols, I’d buy them! I’ll let others know about them @MBFields! See you soon! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

The box is not original to these guns. The guns are sequential serial numbers.

There are no finer pistols in all of SASS. Given todays market those are a bargain! 

40 minutes ago, runs with scissors said:

Please forgive my ignorance but what does "full stroke half cock" mean?

And why would this be superior for two handed cas?

Would it be superior to a new vaquero that has been short stroked?

Thanks

Copied from Jimmy’s webpage…

The benefit of this modification is when (not if) you have your thumb slip off the hammer before it is completely cocked, the hammer will fall only halfway and when fully re-cocked you are on the same cartridge and don't have to cycle all the way through the cylinder to find the live round. You know that painful 'click', 'click', 'click', 'click' searching for the live round. How many seconds did it cost you to go around and maybe even have a miss too?”

55 minutes ago, runs with scissors said:

So does this mean you have to pull the trigger for every shot with these pistols?

i.e. you cannot slip hammer with them?

Yes you can still slip hammer with a half cock mod… the hammer now rests on the frame mounted firing pin making it stick out so either the chamber wall will now catch on it or the rim of a loaded case when you rotate to load thus needing a half cock notch to pull the hammer off the firing pin letting it retract into the frame for loading….these firearms are race guns and jimmy spurs is VERY well respected. The hammer travel is the same length as when stock but seem like they’re riding on glass… also, since there is no longer a transfer bar for safely carrying all chambers loaded they are essentially dedicated  cowboy action race guns. It is not recommended to ever carry a round under the hammer…

Archived