SASS Wire Forum

ATF and pistol stabilizing Braces

Irish Pat

BATFE does not make laws. This will be litigated and eventually braces found to be just fine as they should be.

3 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's amazing how many folks take their gun collections out for nice summer boat rides! :lol:

There are areas around these parts where magnetic compasses won't work 'cuz of all the iron buried in folk's back yards.  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

It's real simple.  Those  "flaky" Stabilizers do create a SBR.  Butt stocks attached to modern handguns under a specific barrel length have been verboten for decades.

SCOTUS will eventually have to grant cert for a bump stock case & braces.   Even if the Feds don't appeal the 5th circuit ruling.  There are 2 other circuits that have agreed with the BATF's rule that BS's are machine guns.  In WV vs. EPA SCOTUS stated that Dementia's EPA Clean Power Plan didn't comply with clean air laws.  They stated the rule was legislation and since legislation is an Article power.  Article I is text that lists the form & powers of the legislative branch of our 3 branch federal government.  There are many BATF regulations & determinations that are standing on quicksand since John Roberts became Chief justice.  His court has shown interest in narrowing the Chevron Deference doctrine.  Since ACB replaced the Notorious RBG he has 5 fellow justices who don't believe in an all powerful state.  With WV & Bruen there are a lot of laws & regulations that are on shaky ground.  There is a trial court case in the South where the judge tossed a felon's charge of possessing a firearm with serial no. removed.  The stated reason is the GCA is valid under Congress's power to regulate commerce and the defendant wasn't engaging in commerce by merely possessing a firearm.  

2 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

To many initialized abbreviations.  I am not sure what half of them mean...

\

Decoder: 

SCOTUS:  it’s not a rash you get down there, it’s the Supreme Court Of The United States

cert: short for certiori, it’s legal and Latin, and since no one speaks it but old Catholic Priests, Doctors, and lawyers, we have no idea what it means, but if you guess certification, you are close enough.
BATF: no it’s what cowboys take on Saturday night, but with a typo,  it the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.  They’re the guys that suck every bit of fun out of life.  Sorta like an ex wife but worse. 
 BS: it’s what you think it is, not the electric schoolbusses that our Vice President says she loves.. 

WV: West By God Virginia! 
EPA: there was a Simpson’s movie that featured The EPA as the villains.   They weren’t wrong.  Short for Environmental Protection Agency.   They don’t like gas or diesel cars and trucks, or gas stoves either or lead in your bullets or shotguns. 
Chevron Deference:  it’s not a gas station you drive past, it means that they used to let regulatory agencies make whatever rules they wanted since the Legislature made them an agency.  That is being reigned in. (We hope). Unless there are pictures of SCOTUS justices in Jeffery’s Epstein’s files somewhere.  
ACB, it’s not a spelling error. It stands for constitutionalist justice Amy Comey Barret (sp?) 

RGB: it’s not a a Rocket propelled grenade thing, it was the late liberal justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  That’s with the 3 name names.  The only time anyone uses my middle name is when I was a kid and in deeep deeep trouble doing something the BATF wouldn’t like out in the woods. 
GCA: it is a morning talk show on ABC… no not really, it’s the Gun Control Act, a scourge on the land and second most hated gun act behind the NFA National Firearms Act.  I would really really like a tank, or just a suppressor to save my remaining hearing.   
hope this helps…. 

7 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Decoder: 

SCOTUS:  it’s not a rash you get down there, it’s the Supreme Court Of The United States

cert: short for certiori, it’s legal and Latin, and since no one speaks it but old Catholic Priests, Doctors, and lawyers, we have no idea what it means, but if you guess certification, you are close enough.
BATF: no it’s what cowboys take on Saturday night, but with a typo,  it the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.  They’re the guys that suck every bit of fun out of life.  Sorta like an ex wife but worse. 
 BS: it’s what you think it is, not the electric schoolbusses that our Vice President says she loves.. 

WV: West By God Virginia! 
EPA: there was a Simpson’s movie that featured The EPA as the villains.   They weren’t wrong.  Short for Environmental Protection Agency.   They don’t like gas or diesel cars and trucks, or gas stoves either or lead in your bullets or shotguns. 
Chevron Deference:  it’s not a gas station you drive past, it means that they used to let regulatory agencies make whatever rules they wanted since the Legislature made them an agency.  That is being reigned in. (We hope). Unless there are pictures of SCOTUS justices in Jeffery’s Epstein’s files somewhere.  
ACB, it’s not a spelling error. It stands for constitutionalist justice Amy Comey Barret (sp?) 

RGB: it’s not a a Rocket propelled grenade thing, it was the late liberal justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.  That’s with the 3 name names.  The only time anyone uses my middle name is when I was a kid and in deeep deeep trouble doing something the BATF wouldn’t like out in the woods. 
GCA: it is a morning talk show on ABC… no not really, it’s the Gun Control Act, a scourge on the land and second most hated gun act behind the NFA National Firearms Act.  I would really really like a tank, or just a suppressor to save my remaining hearing.   
hope this helps…. 

Well done! That made me grin:D You're spot on about being called with your middle name included..:ph34r:

ATF stepped on their foot when they later said that it "was ok to put a pistol brace firearm against your shoulder."  Originally they said it was "not legal to put a pistol brace against your shoulder."  Now, they say it will not be legal, unless registered as an SBR, to have a firearm with a barrel less than 16"  that can be put against your shoulder when firing the firearm.

Better not shoulder this! :blink:

20230119_192721.jpg

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

That puts a wrinkle in things, and not that I like taxes but what gives the ATF the authority to suspend the $200 dollar tax? Congress imposed it, aren’t they the only ones who can repeal the tax? Are they going to change their mind after everything is done “like they already did with the pistol brace rule” and send everyone a $200 bill ? What government agency wouldn’t want that money? Plus it’s another way to punish the law abiding citizens, and we know they take great pleasure in doing that.  if you don’t pay I guess that makes you a felon going to prison? This just stinks in soooo many ways 

It would seen to me that the tax is a fatal flaw in that legislation.

Shall not be infringed? Very narrow scope of interpretation now. And the taxing of a Right is not allowed.

I have always said if you replace the word firearm with vote in all of these regulations there would be no question that they are un constitutional.

'34 '68 fopa all infringe 

Archived