SASS Wire Forum

Ingratitude

Utah Bob #35998

As I rounded the corner on the 4 wheeler while finishing up the plowing I did yesterday, there stood a turkey in the middle of the road.

”Hey” I said, “How about a little show of thanks for plowing this fine road for ya”

She merely shook her head and strutted off to join the rafter. 

Pretty sure as she headed into the underbrush she gave me the bird. :angry:

Of course by the time i pulled the camera out the whole group had disappeared. I took a video anyway. Te volume’s not off. It rates;ll;y is that quiet here.

I do have a white noise for sleeping. Especially in winter when the windows are closed. In the summer the coyotes and owls serenade me.

One Turkey, no problem.  Had a F&G guy talk about turkeys once.  Around here there are many wild turkeys. Some have moved into the cities. They have learned how to find garbage but they have forgotten how to scratch the snow to forage for food.

Don't make his life too easy.

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Nice, but definitively not Florida.

Thank goodness!

30 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

One Turkey, no problem.  Had a F&G guy talk about turkeys once.  Around here there are many wild turkeys. Some have moved into the cities. They have learned how to find garbage but they have forgotten how to scratch the snow to forage for food.

Don't make his life too easy.

The turkeys here are country turkeys. ;)

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That's gorgeous!  Thank you, Bob.

That silence would drive me crazy, or at least back out of the carport, because of how quiet like that makes my tinnitus seem worse.

It's that way for me at the cabin. 

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

True, but in Florida you may have gators walking across your driveway not turkeys....

Texas Lizard

Oceola turkeys. Lots of them. Easterns in the north of the state.

At least you don't have any of them pesky frozen iguana's falling outta trees all over the place....  :rolleyes:  Green iguana icon cartoon vector. Lizard animal 14340201 Vector Art at  Vecteezy

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

True, but in Florida you may have gators walking across your driveway not turkeys....

Texas Lizard

Plenty of gators to be sure but I don't know who told you there aren't any turkeys. There's probably 100 times more turkeys than gators. Used to have them in my backyard all the time. The toms would fight their images in the lower porch door vinal window all the time. 

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That's gorgeous!  Thank you, Bob.

That silence would drive me crazy, or at least back out of the carport, because of how quiet like that makes my tinnitus seem worse.

Last week the wife and I were lying in bed and I told her, "I have a song stuck in my head."  After a dramatic pause, I continued, "It goes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  I call it, 'the sound of freedom.'"

ive found the turkeys on my property less respectful or thankful  than the deer and ive had plenty lately , we are currently over our annual snowfall by a good six inches , you might think they would be more thankful for what you have provided in their hour of need ..............im just glad we are helping out , i like the wildlife in my yard , as time passes ive been less remote and had less wildlife 

when i moved here it was 5k people and we were still township , now its 20+k and we are surrounded by developments , thankfully im on the river with city property on the other side but as much as it resembles a park here a block in any direction you have normal city , not what i expected when i moved here 32 years ago  , 

Archived