SASS Wire Forum

Since I got good info on Servicios Aventuras, How about Aguila SPP

Texas Maverick

Has anyone tried the Aguila primers in our CAS guns? I just ended up with 7K of them from a trade from a friend getting out of reloading. He said he didn't have any issues with them in his S&W's. 

Thanks

Texas Maverick

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

GTG

I am assuming that means I am good to go with them in place of Federal.

TM

I have slightly heavier spring, but they go bang without issue in my Codymatic 73 and my vaqueros with 19# springs.  
they seem to be pretty good.  I can’t complain.  

15 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

I have slightly heavier spring, but they go bang without issue in my Codymatic 73 and my vaqueros with 19# springs.  
they seem to be pretty good.  I can’t complain.  

Thanks, I also shoot a 73 Cody and 2 NMV from Boomstick Arms. I still have about 5k of Federal but couldn't pass up adding another 7k of these when given a great opportunity.

TM

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I loaded up 100 rounds to test on my 2 revolvers and 1 rifle since my springs are lighter than the stock ones.  Just like OLG said they are good to go. Both revolvers fired them without any issues and the rifle as well. The only difference I see between them and Federal is they seem to seat harder when priming my brass. Had to use more pressure to seat them on the reloading press. They went in fine and didn't have any high primers but just seemed to be tighter than the Federal. Not sure if they will be an issue to de-prime or not. Between the 5k of Federal and 7k of the Aguila I should be set for a number of years but will always buy if I see good deals in the future just to make sure I always have primers on hand.

Thanks

TM

Archived