SASS Wire Forum

Iver Johnson 800

Youngson

Don’t know anything about these. Hope someone has some information if they can be made into a good cowboy gun. KYGUNCO has them in stock for $476 shipped. I do not want one I am just putting it up if anyone is looking. 

83A539BD-5EFF-4267-B9AA-2E25EE104F9D.jpeg

3ED154AE-56E3-4D50-8509-E5E785AF056A.jpeg

I sold one on the merchant corner. It was shipped to me from my wholesaler parts sealed separately in airtight bags. 
The buyer reported that it was extremely over spring and would need a lot of work to cowboy up. I will not buy or sell any more of these. It’s unfortunate because I was hoping for another SxS alternative since Stoeger quality has dropped, and Chinese SxS are no longer being imported. 
best to stick with an SKB or Browning SBS. 

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I sold one on the merchant corner. It was shipped to me from my wholesaler parts sealed separately in airtight bags. 
The buyer reported that it was extremely over spring and would need a lot of work to cowboy up. I will not buy or sell any more of these. It’s unfortunate because I was hoping for another SxS alternative since Stoeger quality has dropped, and Chinese SxS are no longer being imported. 
best to stick with an SKB or Browning SBS. 

What about CZ?

Love my hammerless Sharptail coach gun. 

Kinda similar profile to the Baikal/Rem Spartans from 10 years ago.   Those sling loops are real familiar.  And awkward for a cowboy shooter.

good luck, GJ

12 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Kinda similar profile to the Baikal/Rem Spartans from 10 years ago.   Those sling loops are real familiar.  And awkward for a cowboy shooter.

good luck, GJ

Seems common on European SxS shotguns. I bet they can be removed 

altho , i have never had an issue with iver johnson firearms - they are all the old original company ones , with that said , the company is not the same as it was when i put my loyalty there , so ...if you like it go ahead ,

i would go to CZ or what i did when i started stoeger , simply because they were and are proven SASS accepted and useable , 

im running an old stevens 211 hammered double , it works great but is susceptible to breakdown because of its age , my stoeger has worked consistently well with only one issue once at a match , id buy a CZ today if i went shopping , just me - do whatever you deem in your best interests 

14 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

good luck, GJ

Internally it doesn't have any similarities to a Baikal. It is typical of Turkish made doubles. They are very well built, but do not make the best of a cowboy action gun. I've done one and spent a lot of time trying to make it acceptable. It seems to be very dependable and suitable for someone wanting a well made side x side for other than cowboy shooting. J.M.

14 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Seems common on European SxS shotguns. I bet they can be removed 

Internally it doesn't have any similarities to a Baikal. It is typical of Turkish made doubles. They are very well built, but do not make the best of a cowboy action gun. I've done one and spent a lot of time trying to make it acceptable. It seems to be very dependable and suitable for someone wanting a well made side x side for other than cowboy shooting. J.M.

Archived