SASS Wire Forum

Here goes nothing.

Desperado Dan Hawkins

3 minutes ago, Daniel Hawkins said:

Welp, Im the new guy. 

Went to my first shoot 2 weeks ago. Had so much fun. 

Already got a 73, a sxs, a pair of Taylors. 

No clue what I am doing, but I'm having a blast doing it!

It is all about being a kid again.

Enjoy

Welcome Daniel to the best game and folks goin'. Hang on for the addiction.:P

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Welcome!

It gets better. And better. And better...

:D

Congratulations!

Just remember three rules….

1) Be Safe

2) Have Fun 

3) Be Safe!

Depending on what part of the country you’re in maybe we will catch up with each other and enjoy a match. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

BTW one more thing 

CAS is not the Wire and the Wire is not CAS. 

15 minutes ago, Daniel Hawkins said:

Welp, Im the new guy. 

Daniel, you're a member of a great club that has a great range, and you can tell them I said so!

Hellbender

Folks,

I got the privilege of shooting with Daniel on his first match. He is not bragging, so I will brag for him. This was his first match and he shot clean and finished 13th in a field of 23 shooters. Everyone else there was an experienced shooter.  I think that's a pretty good first showing for a newbie. If he can stick with it, he will be an up-and-coming contender. 

Crusty Steve  

4 minutes ago, Crusty Steve said:

Folks,

I got the privilege of shooting with Daniel on his first match. He is not bragging, so I will brag for him. This was his first match and he shot clean and finished 13th in a field of 23 shooters. Everyone else there was an experienced shooter.  I think that's a pretty good first showing for a newbie. If he can stick with it, he will be an up-and-coming contender. 

Crusty Steve  

AT HIS FIRST MATCH?!?!?!?  Please, please, PLEASE tell me he's not a Duelist. :(

Welcome Daniel.  That sounds suspiciously like a given name and not an alias.  Remember the rule about aliases, if you don't pick one in the allotted time we'll pick one for you.  And Lord knows you don't want us doing THAT.   (No, that's not really a rule and there is no allotted time.  But we're an ornery bunch and will pick one for you just out of spite. :lol: )

Congratulations on finding the best people in the world. Good on ya!

59 minutes ago, Daniel Hawkins said:

Welp, Im the new guy. 

That's a familiar story.  Same thing happened to us about 23 years ago and we're still shootin'.
Enjoy and be prepared to expand your circle of friends larger than you ever thought possible.

1 hour ago, Daniel Hawkins said:

Welp, Im the new guy. 

I seen you wuz joined up wif da Bayou Bounty Hunters! That right there is a good group of folks, you should have some "bon temps" there.  I've enjoyed shooting at that club and they do have an interesting bunch of targets....and put on a heck of a good state match too.  Welcome to the fire!

Kajun

5 hours ago, Daniel Hawkins said:

Welp, Im the new guy. 

Welcome to the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Randy 

16 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Gonna need more GUNS.

Largo

That’s not exactly right!!

You’re gonna’ WANT more guns!!  Need has nothing to do with it!! :lol:

Welcome aboard pilgrim and like it's stated above have fun and enjoy all the tall tell stories.

15 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Daniel, you're a member of a great club that has a great range, and you can tell them I said so!

Hellbender

I agree! Everyone has been super helpful. Same for the guys from Deadwood that come to shoot with Bayou.  I'm right between the two, so I should get plenty of shooting in!

15 hours ago, Crusty Steve said:

Folks,

Crusty Steve  

Well I certainly appreciate the kind words from someone with your pedigree. I can only pray to shoot as fast as you one of these days!

Sure, I took 13th, anyone care to guess who took 1st......

Ill give you 3 guesses and 2 of them don't count.  

15 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

AT HIS FIRST MATCH?!?!?!?  Please, please, PLEASE tell me he's not a Duelist. :(

Welcome Daniel.  That sounds suspiciously like a given name and not an alias.  Remember the rule about aliases, if you don't pick one in the allotted time we'll pick one for you.  And Lord knows you don't want us doing THAT.   (No, that's not really a rule and there is no allotted time.  But we're an ornery bunch and will pick one for you just out of spite. :lol: )

Still new, so I need to look up all these shooting styles haha. I shoot 1 gun at a time, in my dominate hand. For now. I may see what feels best, who knows. So far, that's the way that feels most natural to me. 

Yes, that's my government name haha. Working on an alias, probably driving my wife and my pards crazy. I am too indecisive. 

I am over-thinking it, hopefully this name will be around for the next 40+ years. 

15 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I seen you wuz joined up wif da Bayou Bounty Hunters! That right there is a good group of folks, you should have some "bon temps" there.  I've enjoyed shooting at that club and they do have an interesting bunch of targets....and put on a heck of a good state match too.  Welcome to the fire!

Kajun

I see you're in NE Georgia, my best friend lives in Ellijay. Maybe Ill get a chance to shoot over there when I visit. 

13 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't forget to breathe. ;)

Ain't that the truth! 

15 hours ago, Crusty Steve said:

Folks,

Crusty Steve  

I could use some help with my shotgun reloads haha!

If you see me studying your technique, pay me no mind. 

I see you're in NE Georgia, my best friend lives in Ellijay. Maybe Ill get a chance to shoot over there when I visit. 

Ain't that the truth! 

We’re going to need to talk.   Welcome to BBH and if @Crusty Steve is helping, well, you can’t ask for any better. 

7 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

We’re going to need to talk.   Welcome to BBH and if @Crusty Steve is helping, well, you can’t ask for any better. 

Mild mannered, a little quiet..... but my God, that man can shoot!!

Mild mannered, a little quiet..... but my God, that man can shoot!!

You’re going to have to let me know your Elijay connection, we may have some mutual friends. 

Welcome to the fun.

I've been doing it now for 20+ years.

Crippled up with arthritis, in remission, a bad ticker and starting my 80th decade but still having fun with some great people!

Hawkman Daniels?

Danny D. Hawk?

C'mon guys, we need suggestions for this feller!

Archived