SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's and Company at SHOT show 2023.

Warden Callaway

Man, I was looking at some of the postings about the SHOT show. Gawd, how many flippin’ 1911 and Glock clones does the world need? 

This looks ridiculous yet cool at the same time. It’s a new .357 magnum revolver. image.png.f6a2a0adf017ae63c87d2fca30583fd0.png
https://www.zenk.us/

FB789C6E-9D9C-4B0B-B47C-B2F5B2070E33.webp.f0f94460de32d00dd124904040e5d64f.webp

062F03A8-32E6-4FAC-9BB0-4B650BE696A4.webp.9193b4b8b68a360030e1ef38bc58f037.webp

How difficult is this?

While you are giving your little spiel, and you take the gun off the rod, flip open the damn loading gate put it on half cock and look at it while you're talking. Don't make a big thing about it like some of them idiots do on YouTube - and see I'm checking and this gun is empty - just do it.

It's like if you work at a gun store. You want to see that gun in the cabinet? I take it out check to make sure it's empty and hand it to you. When you're done I put it away. The guy standing behind you says that he would like to see it - same gun, and I check it again. Even though I just checked it. Because that's what you do. You pick it up and you check it.

Flipping moron.

12 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, this is a surprise. Henry came out with a semiauto carbine. 

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-the-henry-homesteader-9mm-semi-automatic-carbine/

Okay I want one!!!

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Okay I want one!!!

If I didn’t have a Ruger PC Carbine one of these would be very tempting. Even still if the Homesteader and the PC Carbine were sitting on a shelf and I had no experience with mine I would probably still buy the Ruger. 
Here’s why:

1. Price - $300 less than the Henry
2. It’s a Takedown - Henry is not. 
3. Mag adapters come with the gun. It sounds like you have to buy the Henry with it’s mag block factory installed. 
4. Single point optical sight interface. The Henry needs a mount attached to attach an optic. 

The Henry is a very cool gun. I like the looks of it. It looks like a mini BAR. 

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If I didn’t have a Ruger PC Carbine one of these would be very tempting. Even still if the Homesteader and the PC Carbine were sitting on a shelf and I had no experience with mine I would probably still buy the Ruger. 
Here’s why:

1. Price - $300 less than the Henry
2. It’s a Takedown - Henry is not. 
3. Mag adapters come with the gun. It sounds like you have to buy the Henry with it’s mag block factory installed. 
4. Single point optical sight interface. The Henry needs a mount attached to attach an optic. 

The Henry is a very cool gun. I like the looks of it. It looks like a mini BAR. 

I couldn't find the price! How do you know it's $300 less than the Ruger?

17 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I couldn't find the price! How do you know it's $300 less than the Ruger?

This is my 5th attempt at posting. WTH is wrong with this Wire today. Every time I try to post a link my post disappears into never never land. 

The MSRP is $928 for the basic gun. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/16/shot-2023-henry-usas-new-semiauto-9mm-carbine-homesteader/

He said the birds head grip gun is a replica of a gun in the 1880’s! WRONG!!! It was a double action, no one ever made a birds head single action! He should have explained that! 

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Man, I was looking at some of the postings about the SHOT show. Gawd, how many flippin’ 1911 and Glock clones does the world need? 

This looks ridiculous yet cool at the same time. It’s a new .357 magnum revolver. image.png.f6a2a0adf017ae63c87d2fca30583fd0.png
https://www.zenk.us/

FB789C6E-9D9C-4B0B-B47C-B2F5B2070E33.webp.f0f94460de32d00dd124904040e5d64f.webp

062F03A8-32E6-4FAC-9BB0-4B650BE696A4.webp.9193b4b8b68a360030e1ef38bc58f037.webp

Kinda looks cool, but....cylinder gap blast? Weight at the rear? Gotta be dirty as hell inside the cylinder enclosure after just a few 6 shot volleys.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

10 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Kinda looks cool, but....cylinder gap blast? Weight at the rear? Gotta be dirty as hell inside the cylinder enclosure after just a few 6 shot volleys.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Yeah, I am sure it would be a messy gun to clean. I just like that it’s not another 1911/Glock/CZ75 knockoff. 

I’ll bet .38 Special hand loads with W244 powder would be just the ticket. That’s some clean burning powder. 

Looks like all the "pictures" on the Zenk website are computer generated.  I wonder if they have a working model yet?  The lack of pictures and details make this seem like more of a working theory looking for investors.

All that being said, it is different enough to be interesting!

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Looks like all the "pictures" on the Zenk website are computer generated.

There is a video of the gun and the narrator notes it is only a "prototype."  None have been manufactured for sale as of yet.

$928.00 for the Henry?  I am no longer interested.

I cannot handle these video people that have no clue how to flippin edit or dub their screwy sound or they don’t because “I gotta get this posted before anyone else scoops me!”

Good lord, is that annoying. 

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

There is a video of the gun and the narrator notes it is only a "prototype."  None have been manufactured for sale as of yet.

$928.00 for the Henry?  I am no longer interested.

I found links with placeholders for these guns once they ship out for sale on Feb 1 with prices at $730-770

https://tombstonetactical.com/product/henry-homesteader-9mm-carbine-16.37-bbl-blued-walnut-10rd

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/h027-h9

You boys ALL need to grab a Snickers!!!:wacko:

I enjoyed seeing Ashleigh Loy, Lisa Powers from Mernickle Leather and Jim, The Engraver in the background of the first video.

If you have ever been to Shot Show, you know it is like being in a bee hive...TONS of folks and NOISE.

12 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You boys ALL need to grab a Snickers!!!:wacko:

I enjoyed seeing Ashleigh Loy, Lisa Powers from Mernickle Leather and Jim, The Engraver in the background of the first video.

If you have ever been to Shot Show, you know it is like being in a bee hive...TONS of folks and NOISE.

I am all out…can you send me one? :D

I have never been, but would like to go to the SHOT Show one day. I know there are criteria to attend that I do not meet so chances are very slim I will ever attend. 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:20 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The guns at the shot show are being handled constantly so they have their firing pins removed.

Safety habits should be ingrained to the point of being nearly instinctive. To my thinking, it should feel unnatural to not clear a weapon upon retrieving it, firing pin or no. That’s just my opinion, though.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am all out…can you send me one? :D

I have never been, but would like to go to the SHOT Show one day. I know there are criteria to attend that I do not meet so chances are very slim I will ever attend. 

You would have to get someone with a FFL to get you in, or someone associated the the press or YouTuber. The first time I went was in gunsmithing school, one of the instructors would organize it every year. It’s really designed to market to dealers and for dealers to place orders. 
For a consumer the NRA show is really pretty good if you just want a vacation where you can look at all the new toys. 
Having been to SHOT numerous times I honestly enjoy watching it on YouTube more. But if you get the opportunity to go once it’s definitely worth seeing. Although participation does seem to be dwindling, allot of business that used to set up big displays have expressed that they don’t feel it’s worth the investment anymore. Just look at the amount of companies that don’t time things for release at SHOT anymore 

Archived