SASS Wire Forum

Value of a good wife

Trigger Mike

Your wife can bring your phone charger and an extension cord when you get out of surgery.
You won't feel like it for awhile, but when you do.. being able to charge up again is a necessity.

I also had her bring my electric razor.
Ask the hospital for a "shampoo cap" so you can wash your hair in the bed without making a mess.

On 1/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, bgavin said:

Learn their first names, and thank them.
Nurses catch a huge amount of crap... you can be their breath of fresh air.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:41 PM, Trigger Mike said:

I’ve made a point to be totally polite to each nurse I see and friendly and try to do as much as I can on my own and only ask for the supplies I need and ask for minimal help.  

they have responded by being above and beyond and we work well together 

After my wife died I made a point of letting the director of the complaint department at the hospital how much I appreciated all the nurses in the ER and ICU that cared for her that day. The Doc on call that day in the ER was also exceptional. They helped me get through a very difficult 13 hours. Some of them I remembered their their names others I forgot. But I bought each and every one a thank you card and made sure they got it.

The director of the complaint department was surprised when I told him I wasn't there to complain but to praise the nursing staff. When I handed him the stack of thank you cards you could have knocked him over with a feather.

There was also one pharmacist that saw me sitting alone in a quiet part of the hospital while my wife was in surgery. She noticed me as she was making her rounds and came by several times to ask if I needed any thing.  I delivered her card in person. Everyone in the pharmacy took notice when i gave her a card and said thank you loud enough for all to hear.

Archived