SASS Wire Forum

Well, I'm gonna miss EOT this year.

Tennessee williams

It turns out I have to have a cryo-ablasion to treat Afib the 30th of this month. Apparently I've been in and out of afib for quite a while. It makes you very tired and sometimes short of breath. They also want to do a heart cath to check for a blockage on Feb 10th that showed up during a chemical stress test. They said there's a good chance what looks like a blockage is just gas. I sleep with a cpap, so probably better than average chance that's what it is. All that's just going to be too close to game-time to go all the way to Phoenix. I had a great time out there last year and won the duelist category. I was really looking forward to going again this year. My favorite part was probably riding out there and back with my pards. Getting older isn't for sissies.

I feel for ya pard. I've been afib for 6 years. Takes lots.of drugs to control it. I tire out easy but you !earn to live with it. Praying for.ya pard.

Sorry for your health issues TN, but stay positive and be thankful for all the great strides they've made in medicine and treatment of heart problems.

I'll put you on my prayer list.

56 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

I feel for ya pard. I've been afib for 6 years. Takes lots.of drugs to control it. I tire out easy but you !earn to live with it. Praying for.ya pard.

8 or 10 years ago, they told me I was having panic attacks. I never had one while the Dr was open til November 18th or 19th this past year. I figured I'd go in and let them have a listen. Stayed in the hospital for 3 days or so. Medicine they gave me knocks the crap out of me.

Afib blew me away a year ago.

The VA loaded me with meds and it is under control. I won my category in the Idaho State Championship so the meds worked. Don't give up.

If I can do it so can you.

:-)

I hate the not knowing what’s wrong. Been having similar symptoms since I moved. Turns out I have moderate asthma. I also have PVCs (extra heart beats) but they are of no concern at this time. PVCs and asthma combined appeared as Afib. 

Anyway, I hope and pray you get better and you can resume doing what you love. 

Good luck Pard. My journey started in the ER last night. EKG not great. Went to the cardiologist this morning. ECHO tomorrow and stress test on the ninth. I also had panic attacks recently. Completely forgot about them. Need to mention it tomorrow.

TN, the angiogram is the definitive test to show blockages.
Multiple EKGs, multiple stress echo were all clear for me, then I had the big slammer.

They prefer doing an angio in the right arm instead of the groin, because less danger, less infection and faster healing.
Last January, they gave me two stents, and left three other blockages untreated because "too dangerous".
These lasted six months before they scabbed over, closed down and put me back on Nitro pills to walk more than 20 steps.

Doc says the metal stent can irritate the organic artery during each pump cycle, causing it to scab.
Stents are like Band-Aids... they work for some people, don't work for others (me).

When the stents failed, I got a 2nd angio and afterward an immediate schedule for 4x bypass.
If CABG is in your future, feel free to reach out and I will answer any question to want to ask.
There is a whole lot the docs won't tell you about recovery and how to protect that sawed-apart sternum.

My #2 daughter (RN) just checked into the ER with a possible heart attack.
EKG is clear, but no further news, and she is now admitted to a room.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Y'all be sure to mention ole TN in a prayer or two......... but don't worry none about him cause he's got me as a

friend to help him along.  :D

..........Widder

This here might be enough to give me panic attacks!!!!!

Archived