SASS Wire Forum

Snake oil salesmen

Rye Miles #13621

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Do you prescribe chicken soup for a cold? 
An old Jewish saying is , “ Vill it help? Ahhh it vouldnt  hurt” :P

When I was in pharmacy school they told us of an old time remedy for a cold. Go home, stop on the way and buy some whisky. Get home, hang your hat on the bedpost, drink whisky until you see two hats, and go to bed.

JHC

laughing baby #2.gif

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

sna;keoil salesmen used to be common fare in westerns , not so much anymore , i kinda miss that old way of presenting the west 

I just saw an episode of Gunsmoke where some traveling dude set up his wagon and was selling Dr. Whatever's all cure for everything. Doc Adams was angry! The parents of a baby that he was treating gave the baby some of this stuff and it turns out it had opium in it. Not illegal but dangerous if you took too much. The baby almost died. Another 80 yr old patient of Doc's took some and it made him feel so good he got up from his bedrest (which Doc prescribed) and started working in the field and had a heart attack and died. Matt finally convinced the doctor to scram out of town!:lol:

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

seems that was common back then , but then so was tar and feathers 

I wish that was legal now, I could think of a few that would deserve that especially in D.C.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:15 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wish that was legal now, I could think of a few that would deserve that especially in D.C.

That, The Stocks and the use of the horse-whip.

And I don't mean on horses!!

might adjust a lot of thinking in this messed up world we are seeing , there doesnt seem to be a lot of consequences these days for those that do wrong - almost like they are being encouraged 

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

might adjust a lot of thinking in this messed up world we are seeing , there doesnt seem to be a lot of consequences these days for those that do wrong - almost like they are being encouraged 

Encouraged He!!, they're getting elected to office!:angry:

yes sir - you are right about that , they have held office till they became so entitled that they thought they were above all of us , i was trying to keep a civil tone about what i really was thinking , trying to be MN nice if you will , but YES , they are in office on the one end of our society and robbing our houses and carjacking us on the other end , the top feeds the bottom , as i see it , adjusting our laws to suite themselves ,  we that live within their restrictions get punished every time by those in power on top  there is an offence by those on the bottom ...........neither of those folks ever loose their rights or freedom or anything else , we loose ours and our family members and it NEVER CHANGES no matter what the promise , at 73 i do know what has been promised and what we have lost , they get rich , we get crime , the criminals get whatever they want and get to walk away , 

Archived