SASS Wire Forum

Watched Lone Survivor again last night

Buckshot Bear

We had a Mark Wahlberg couple of nights, first with Shooter and then with Lone Survivor.

Tough viewing Lone Survivor, a lot of people died because they didn't tie those three Taliban up, take them with them (to increase the distance they had to run back to the main group of Taliban) or kill them.

I lost count of the times I said to myself "why did you let them go" as I saw those Seals getting smashed falling down the cliffs, and shot to pieces and then watching the Quick Reaction Force's helo take a direct RPG and all aboard killed. And how frustrating for them to lose communications......truly a tough movie to watch and the rolling credits at the end with the real life photos of the killed operators is so moving.

The movie is quite well done and largely based on a real event. I've watched it several times.

Lone Survivor

Blackhawk Down

13 Hours in Benghazi

All excellent.

19 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Letting those Taliban go was a fatal mistake.  

My thoughts exactly! Why did they let them live? Compassion has a place but not where folks are trying to kill you. I knew the outcome but I still cringed with all the Americans who died just because they let some ragheads live. So sad!

PF

I read the book, and the way I understand it is they were afraid that the American news media would find out if they killed the ragheads, and would crucify our men in the press. So, many died because of that fear. May it never again be a factor where our servicemen’s lives are a stake.

8 minutes ago, Mild Bill #2326 said:

I read the book, and the way I understand it is they were afraid that the American news media would find out if they killed the ragheads, and would crucify our men in the press. So, many died because of that fear. May it never again be a factor where our servicemen’s lives are a stake.

Exactly correct.

The do-gooder libtard media would have had a fun time curcifying our men.

Archived