SASS Wire Forum

Have you ever been in a CAS shootoff?

The Outlaw Travis James

image.thumb.jpeg.16483c27ab108c53876cc2ba2b441507.jpeg

Have you ever been in a CAS shootoff?

Would you like to participate in one?

Come out to Side Match Day Thursday March 16th, 2023 at the Ides of March and you can. We are offering an open shootoff practice match where you can challenge anyone you would like. Just show up, challenge someone, and shoot it off with them. Round count will be 10-10-4+.

We are also offering a few side match brackets as well.

TEAM SHOOTOFF

• Teams must consist of three shooters.
  • Each shooter will shoot one string. i.e. Pistols, Rifle, or Shotgun. Each shooter must take shotgun with them to their string.
  • Shooter must physically tag the next shooter before they can touch their gun(s).
  • Make ups must be made before tagging next shooter on their team.

HEADS UP CHALLENGE

• Head-to-Head shootoff elimination bracket(s).
  • Round Count 10-10-4+ per round.
  • Each shooter will do a blind draw for a number before each round.
  • Odds will shoot on the left and evens on the right.
  • Shooters will pair with the next consecutive number. i.e. 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc.
  • An odd number of participants will result in a bye awarded to the shooter who draws the highest number.
  • First shooter to knockdown all of their targets advances; minus any safeties, procedurals, etc.
  • Brackets (i.e. Open, Ladies, Junior) will be determined by the number of participants.

SHOOTOFF SIDE MATCH SCHEDULE:

• 10:00 am - 12:30 pm - Open Shootoff Practice - Between Stages 9 & 10
  • 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm - Team Shootoff Side Match - Between Stages 9 & 10
  • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Heads Up Challenge Shootoff Elimination Tournament Side Match- Between Stages 9 & 10

Get your applications to Greta Dee and make sure you check off the Heads Up Challenge Option. It costs $10 for the day and all proceeds go towards the SASS Scholarship Fund. See y'all at The Ides!

Applications and More Infohttps://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/357/the-ides-of-march/

29 minutes ago, Griff said:

Oof, that sounds an awful like a "man-on-man"?

We call it the Heads Up Challenge.   See picture... 

45 minutes ago, High Noon Henry said:

This is gonna be lots of fun.  
HNH

Yes it will be. We are going to have watch out for you.  I heard you won NC State Shootoff last year.  

1 minute ago, High Noon Henry said:

I did get lucky at NC.  Maybe my luck will be as good in the Sunshine state.   I might even call you out.  B)

Let's do it! B)

Most shooters never get the chance to be in the top gun shoot out.

This is an opportunity for every one to experience the thrill.

I have put on this type of stage as a side match.

Every one seems to have so much fun.

They learn very quickly the stress and excitement that shooting directly against another shooter brings.

Good job bring it to your event.

:^)

Cliff Hanger

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Oof, that sounds an awful like a "man-on-man"?

Not Always.....

I got my Butt Kicked by Squaw Creek Rose in one Several years ago!

It Was FUN :D

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Most shooters never get the chance to be in the top gun shoot out.

This is an opportunity for every one to experience the thrill.

I have put on this type of stage as a side match.

Every one seems to have so much fun.

They learn very quickly the stress and excitement that shooting directly against another shoot brings.

Good job bring it to your event.

:^)

Cliff Hanger

This will be the third year we have done it.  The last two it was a big hit.  The Team Side Match is new.  I hope it is as fun as the other bracket.  We sure do love our shootoffs down here in Florida.  We are planning to host one the week before Ides at a different club for a warm-up.  We have to make sure and put on a good show for the crowd.  There is no other rush like it in our game.  Especially if you beat a shooter you normally wouldn't.

36 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Not Always.....

I got my Butt Kicked by Squaw Creek Rose in one Several years ago!

It Was FUN :D

We have Midwest Hale down here.  She made it to the semi-finals in the Florida State Top Gun Shootoff last year.  I'm sure she will go farther this year.  

Holli & I like to run against each other just for the sake of doing it 'cause it's fun.  Back in 2021 I told Santa Fe River Stan that I wanted to run against him to see if I could finish my pistol and Rifle before he was completely finished, but he was in an ankle cast so I figured it wouldn't be a "Fare Fight".   :rolleyes:  (In reality, I just didn't want to get whooped up on by a one-legged man. :P)  Last year, 2022, Holli was recovering from shoulder surgery and I had a whirl-wind trip down just for the match while she stayed home so I skipped side-match day.  This year, who knows, hopefully, Stan's hand will be all healed up and we can run the race fare and square. (I'd sure hate to get whooped by a one-armed man! :lol:)

Looking forward to it, and still planning to hit Fort White the weekend before.  Drive down to Lake City on Friday, do Fort White on Saturday, then off to our hideout in Dunedin until the Ides.  Going to be a great escape!

Yes, kind of. Tennessee State had a shoot off just for fun on side match day. Lucky me, I drew Widder, it was a hoot, and I was absolutely no challenge to him. There's a fairly embarrassing video of the incident floating around on YouTube :lol:

12 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Yes.

Missouri Lefty beat me when he was about 9 years old.

I quite sure you aren't alone in those who have been beaten by MO Lefty in a shootoff.  

• 2 weeks later...

In 2006 I won FCD at Givens Ferry ( I beat the other guy) I could have been in the shoot off but I knew there was no way shooting FCD I was going to go very far especially against a two handed shooter. We had a 15 hour ride home so I said Adios! I do have a nice wooden plaque. 
Oh yea the other guy lived in South Carolina so he was the State champion. 

July 1996 Railhead shoot in Williams, Arizona, Top Gun Award.

Top Gun Award 1996 Williams, Az Railhead shoot.pdf

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Me?

Snort.

Well, actually, yes, years ago at the Shootout at Pawnee Station we had a man on man side match, two folks of their own choosing could go head to head.  Seems like maybe I did that.  Wasn't no scoring or nuthin, just for fun.

Can be extra fun if'n ya have a loud mouth like me or Blanco Perro playing announcer on it.  Not that I can hold a candle to ol' Blanco, but then he's a professional big mouth LOL.

Once a year, usually at our September monthly we will do a three stage shoot, use those scores to make two man teams and do a double elimination shoot off. 

If time allows we do a second round of shoot off, usually random draw for teams.   It is one of our more popular monthly matches. 

44 minutes ago, Nutmeg Ryder, SASS # 74966 said:

Once a year, usually at our September monthly we will do a three stage shoot, use those scores to make two man teams and do a double elimination shoot off. 

If time allows we do a second round of shoot off, usually random draw for teams.   It is one of our more popular monthly matches. 

Yep, a definite grin!:D

On 1/16/2023 at 6:31 PM, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Yes it will be. We are going to have watch out for you.  I heard you won NC State Shootoff last year.  

He’s a sneaky son of a gun! Really looking

forward to being back in Florida for the Ides! I might bring my SUPER SMOKE SG shells and blind the other team! :P

Hugs!

Scarlett

So the point is, if you'd like to shoot in a shootoff and have never had an opportunity or would like another; sign up for the Ides of March and the Heads Up Challenge Side Match and you can. 

Applications and More Infohttps://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/357/the-ides-of-march/

Archived