SASS Wire Forum

Blue Monday

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The third Monday of January was dubbed Blue Monday because it is the gloomiest day of the year.  Our friends down under might differ.

well, so far I don't see any of that "happy new year" yet .......  :mellow:

Here ya’ go!!

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Today in God’s Country it’s a cool sunny day. :D

34° and beautiful. Took the Miata to the range. Top up, of course. 

It's the wife's, but because it gets 30 mpg, I drive it to the range some (96 miles one way).  

miata 6.jpg

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

It's the wife's, but because it gets 30 mpg, I drive it to the range some (96 miles one way).  

miata 6.jpg

Nice. I love Miatas. They are a lot of fun to drive. 

Here’s mine. It’s a 2006.

42C1C822-86C3-4B31-AD8A-8AC1D0DEA978.thumb.jpeg.fcbcb08526655704ba5289fac357db10.jpeg

If I ever tried to get into a Miata, the poor little thing would bawl for Mama!

11 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

If I ever tried to get into a Miata, the poor little thing would bawl for Mama!

You've met me.  I don't get into a Miata, I put one on. :) 

Blue as hell here if you want my opinion.

Used to have a college acquaintance, nickname The Jolly Green.  On the basketball team and tall for that group. He had a Sunbeam Tiger that he literally wore.  Can't recall how it came about, he was a calm and polite guy, but when he was in his car, a guy tried to pick a fight with him.  He unfolded himself step by step and towered over the guy, who wisely ran.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Today in God’s Country it’s a cool sunny day. :D

34° and beautiful.

Sorry to correct you but in God's Country today its stinkin' hot, very high humidity, boiling globe of fire in an impressively blue sky sending down some rays for a massively high UV index and thank god for A/C !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Sorry to correct you but in God's Country today its stinkin' hot, very high humidity, boiling globe of fire in an impressively blue sky sending down some rays for a massively high UV index and thank god for A/C !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Capital G? Not disputing geographic orientation.

8 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Great picture, actor and actress I much enjoyed, but that car has a clutch.

That doesn't matter. He couldn't have driven it because he couldn't get both legs inside the cockpit. He decided he would take Jan Morrow home in a taxi.

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Uh…sounds like you’re in that other place. image.png.1cb33bcc29fc3a726fa4bf82f23753c8.png

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Are you in the tropics or “just close”?

33 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Are you in the tropics or “just close”?

No Marshal, wayyy down.....we're 4 hours South of Sydney.

Tomorrow is forecast for 37° but it always gets hotter than predicted, it will easy get to 40° (104°) before the Summer storms roll in from the South in the evening to cool things down.

Capture.JPG.b78593237cc60db56b85274ca65af0f5.JPG

16 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

miata 6.jpg

(admiring whistle)

Suddenly I have no complaint!

You're talking about just shy of a hundred miles to the range ...

I was bellyachin' at half that distance round trip!

Suddenly I have no complaint at all!

3 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

(admiring whistle)

Suddenly I have no complaint!

You're talking about just shy of a hundred miles to the range ...

I was bellyachin' at half that distance round trip!

Suddenly I have no complaint at all!

I live in a geographical oddity as to CAS.  There are three ranges (North Alabama Regulators, Wartrace Regulators and Old York Shootists) that are just about 100 miles from me.  There's one in Birmingham that is about 125 miles, and Memphis is about 140 miles.  We tried to get a club started at a local range, but couldn't get enough interest.  

4 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I live in a geographical oddity as to CAS.  There are three ranges (North Alabama Regulators, Wartrace Regulators and Old York Shootists) that are just about 100 miles from me.  There's one in Birmingham that is about 125 miles, and Memphis is about 140 miles.  We tried to get a club started at a local range, but couldn't get enough interest.  

Same boat, though one is only 80 miles away. I'm going to try a few free standing theme shoots at the Club - Guns of the Old West, The World Wars, Roaring '20's, etc. Not a great deal of fuss or set up, no winners or prizes, just some fun and the ability to see, shoot and handle some interesting firearms.  Fancy dress will be optional.

Rip Snorter's Roaring 20's shoot sounds like fun!

I've been following the Snub Noir group.

They've had snubnose shoots in the Mickey Spillane detective era attire.

I've always wanted to dress in a pinstripe suit and a snap brim hat, with a sultry moll on my arm .. 

... but then people in hell want ice water, and that ain't likely to happen either! :P:P:P

I wish we could figure out how to do Zoot Shooting in SASS. Prohibition Era guns!

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Rip Snorter's Roaring 20's shoot sounds like fun!

I've been following the Snub Noir group.

They've had snubnose shoots in the Mickey Spillane detective era attire.

I've always wanted to dress in a pinstripe suit and a snap brim hat, with a sultry moll on my arm .. 

... but then people in hell want ice water, and that ain't likely to happen either! :P:P:P

2 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Got rid of all my suits when I retired.  Good idea, I'll check out the second hand stores.

Archived