SASS Wire Forum

Such a day

Utah Bob #35998

Up early plowing snow. First thing was the 4 wheeler had a dead battery. So I put it on charge and got PacMan my trusty snow thrower fired up. After about 20 minutes I noticed the right side tire was slipping on the rim. Out of air. Lost the bead. Arrrgh! Worked on it awhile but apparently the valve stem is shot. Looks like a trip to town when the weather clears some day..
Last night’s storm dumped more snow than predicted. And the temperature stayed right around 32 all night so the snow was real wet and heavy. Hard to plow after I got the 4 wheeler in operation. Then more snow moved in and we had a white out for about half an hour. Only dumped about 2 inches though.

I got 3 hours of sleep last night. I have had no breakfast or even coffee yet and it’s 5 o’clock! But I do have a nice steak that fortunately I remembered to take out of the freezer the other day…..if I can stay awake long enough to cook it. And I brought in a big supply of firewood. 

Okay, that’s enough whining. Shut up, Bob. 
Dinner and a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders and I’ll be fresh as a daisy. :D

19 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Moldboard or disc?   Do you harrow afterwards?   

You must be from California. This ain’t the streets of Bakersfield. :D

I've plowed my road 3 times in the last 5 days. Luckily my SxS has enough power to move quite a bit of this heavy, wet crap.

Plowing snow 002.JPG

I underestimated last night’s dump. Thought it was 3 but closer to 6. My driveway keeps gettin narrower. :D

Yep, this afternoon when I let my Lab out to do her duty, the snow was deeper than her chest. She was ploughing thru it. Had a hard time squatting to do her thing! LOL 

On 1/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Up early plowing snow. First thing was the 4 wheeler had a dead battery. So I put it on charge and got PacMan my trusty snow thrower fired up. After about 20 minutes I <SNIP>

Okay, that’s enough whining. Shut up, Bob. 
Dinner and a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders and I’ll be fresh as a daisy. :D

and I bet you wouldn't trade it for love or money!

59 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Yep, this afternoon when I let my Lab out to do her duty, the snow was deeper than her chest. She was ploughing thru it. Had a hard time squatting to do her thing! LOL 

I shovel paths and a squat spot for the old Lab.  In his day, he would just blast through it, snow flying.

Archived