SASS Wire Forum

SOLD -- THANKS

Sold--Thanks

Good Afternoon Folks:
Well, in a coupla months, I’ll be an Elder Statesman, and I don’t shoot cap guns as much as I used to, so I’m thinning the herd quite a bit, and only keeping the guns I shoot most often.

Up for sale is my favorite pair of Colt-Style cap guns:
These are Pietta 44 caliber 1860 Snubnose revolvers, marked “BS”, made in 2002.
I bought these from a cowboy here on the wire about 15 or so years ago.
If I remember correctly, his alias was “Chicago Steeley”, but, honestly, I don’t clearly remember.
He purchased them new, and sent them off to Rowdy Yates at Lee’s Gunsmithing, in Orange California.  
•    Rowdy installed Cap Guards, which involved milling away a bit of the recoil shield, and soldering a metal plate to the recoil shield with a slot in it.  Then he slotted the hammer.
•    Three of the pictures clearly show his work.  This insures that a spent cap can NEVER fall into the action, tying up the gun.  It works 100% of the time & helps make these guns ultra-reliable.
•    Rowdy also slicked up the action.
•    Then, he sent them off to be antiqued.
•    I installed Treso nipples
•    I also installed the lanyards, which is my tribute to my favorite Western character -- Tuco, from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.  Tuco carried his gun in his pocket, on a long lanyard.  SASS rules prohibit this, so I put on short lanyards, as a tribute to Tuco.
•    A few years ago, I gave them to Coffinmaker, and he gave them a 50,000 mile checkup.  He checked/fixed any timing issues, replaced a few springs, gave them new Slix nipples, hand-fit the wedges, so that a light tap with a screwdriver handle pops them out, and thumb pressure pops them in.  Basically, Coffinmaker gave them a clean bill of health.
•    During my FC Gunfighter days, they were my favorite gunfighter cap guns.
•    3-inch barrels
•    44 Caliber (.451 Round Ball)
•    Slix Nipples (I like Remington #10 caps)
•    Navy Grips

•    Yes, they are well-used, with an antiqued finish, and they look like they’ve been around the block a few times.
•    But, they are mechanically in great shape, and will be fine guns for any cowboy or cowgirl, especially if he or she likes to shoot Gunfighter.

PM with questions.
Can be shipped directly to you. Unless you live in a restricted state.
$800 for the pair + $50 USPS Priority Mail fully insured shipping
Not interested in trades at this time
USPS Money Order please.
Thanks for looking
--Dawg

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.29.24 PM.png

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.28.21 PM.png

cap guard copy.jpg

On 1/15/2023 at 3:49 PM, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Too cool!!  If I was ever going to shoot C&B, those would be me!!(I'm not tho!)

I still shoot those stubby bisley anniversary black hawks i bought from you years ago, everytime cojak saw them he cursed at me

6 hours ago, boom pop said:

I still shoot those stubby bisley anniversary black hawks i bought from you years ago, everytime cojak saw them he cursed at me

That's awesome!!

Archived