SASS Wire Forum

Home Depot

Bailey Creek,5759

Where’s the Home Depot you’re talking about? Two of them here have a bunch of gas snowblowers on the floor and gas lawnmowers online. 
Is this California???

2 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Just found out that Home Depot will not sell. 

Gasoline engine, lawnmowers, chainsaws.

I would like more details for the statement you just made.  Source?

My local big boxes are full of gas equipment. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Your source for the statement? 

Hey, somebodies Aunt posted it on Facebook based on their nephew who works at McDonalds who heard from a delivery driver that drops stuff off at Walgreens.  The drivers girlfriend; who is a part time barista at Starbucks and part time prostitute (behind that Starbucks) saw a guy in a Burger King apron walking thru the parking lot and a homeless guy asked for change - the guy stated he was only homeless because he quit his job at the carwash because his supervisor is a lizard person.  Or something like that - but the delivery driver wasn't real positive about it because he was busy buying pot from some guy who used to work at Radio Shack but now buys expired gift cards and sells them to China.

And that is why Home Depot will no longer sell gasoline powered items.

See...

Unimpeachable irrefutable sources.

Huh, I read the thread title as Home Despot and thought it was going to be about significant others

6 hours ago, bgavin said:

The OP is in IL... same state where the Guv just banned semi-autos.

I bet that semi auto ban doesn’t last very long! Unconstitutional!! They’ll be a bunch of lawsuits if not already!!

It would be bigger news if Home Depot announced that it was going to stop selling returned items that are missing parts or defective...but you'd know that was fake news.

In other Home Depot news, Home Depot sells straight 2" x 4"...carpenter world rejoices.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

It would be bigger news if Home Depot announced that it was going to stop selling returned items that are missing parts or defective...but you'd know that was fake news.

In other Home Depot news, Home Depot sells straight 2" x 4"...carpenter world rejoices.

No kidding. Bought a water filter from them that was a new box with someone’s old used filter. Someone returned their old filter. I bought a grill that had been opened and re-taped that was missing the grill plates. 

Home Depot sells fresh straight 2x4s. They must be used on the same day or they will twist and warp overnight on your garage floor…perhaps they’re allergic to concrete?

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've seen dunnage straighter than what the local HD's have for sale.

Used to able to get dunnage by the trailer load for 25 bucks! Way better than Home Depot.

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I bet that semi auto ban doesn’t last very long! Unconstitutional!! They’ll be a bunch of lawsuits if not already!!

I have read a couple articles that some sheriff will not enforce the new assault weapon ban

17 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Used to able to get dunnage by the trailer load for 25 bucks! Way better than Home Depot.

When we lived in Petaluma, we would go up to Santa Rose once a year to the gun stock plant.
They had mountains of dunnage, all hardwood in tidy rectangle blocks.
The kids would neatly stack it in the pickup bed to maximize our haul.

This was superb firewood for about the same price as you mention.
We left in '88, so I expect that plant and dunnage is now just a part of history.

I’ve never bought lumber from Home Depot but I bought a washer and dryer and an electric stove from them. No problems with them at all.

I also bought a lawn mower from them and found it two days later for $35.00 less, I brought a picture of it in and they credited my card! I have no problems with Home Depot

49 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I was told by people that work there.

Said that in 2023 they were going to stop, selling gasoline powered

engines. Lawnmowers, chainsaw, etc.

Where?? I’m sure it’s not nationwide! It seems to be just in Illinois. 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve never bought lumber from Home Depot but I bought a washer and dryer and an electric stove from them. No problems with them at all.

I also bought a lawn mower from them and found it two days later for $35.00 less, I brought a picture of it in and they credited my card! I have no problems with Home Depot

When Sears went bust, HD and Lowe's took over the large appliance market.

On 1/14/2023 at 6:11 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Sounds like Walmart. You don't dare buy anything at the ones around here if the box isn't sealed.

JHC

Archived