SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of folk bein' offended....

Speaking of stuff people find offensive, if this one doesn't take the cake it at least deserves "honorable mention:"

Back in the 90's a company was selling "Rubber Chicken Pops," essentially a Tootsie Roll Pop that had a really cool miniature rubber chicken on the handle.

image.png.87a3f35de1217878a4962315d27649d7.png

I'd buy 'em for Sassparilla Kid when he was a youngster, as did most of my buddies for their own kids.  When the candy was gone you could slip the mini rubber chickens off, and collect 'em.  Carry one or two in a pocket just for the fun of it.  Put 'im on key rings.  Or, and this was really popular, stick it upside-down on your car's radio antenna.  Good to help find your car in a crowded lot, and otherwise just plain fun.    

Well... some outfit calling themselves "United Poultry Concerns*" started a campaign to ban the little novelties. 

*Motto - Promoting the Compassionate and Respectful Treatment of Domestic Fowl   

And they succeeded.  Their drive was picked up by others, including PETA types who, in addition to the claims of UPC, argued that they were "disrespectful" of chickens.

Good grief.  Up with Chicken Pride!   :wacko:

02af795420e72b73dc9353718a0a3de6.jpg

schtick.JPG

LOL , wish they had them around me my grandsons would love them.

Problem with these idiots is we all don't unite and fight back. We let them dictate what we can and can't do or say.

Natalie. Eventually we BECOME the persecuted minority and by their logic....

That's where I lose it, they lack logic

These companies kowtow to a minority of liberal whackos because they make so much noise ! They’re afraid of losing business. That’s MHO . Us normal people should fight back with calls, emails etc. but we don’t.

3 hours ago, Slapshot said:

Problem with these idiots is we all don't unite and fight back. We let them dictate what we can and can't do or say.

image.gif.bd826a57c3ebc52e6b7a15aa0a80fc09.gif

6 hours ago, Slapshot said:

LOL , wish they had them around me my grandsons would love them.

TRUE, but I stopped beating that drum long ago.!

We should start sending these out and keep a few on hand to pass out as we encounter Butt Hurt.

Butt Hurt Report Form.png

On 1/13/2023 at 3:08 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Motto - Promoting the Compassionate and Respectful Treatment of Domestic Fowl   

I am very respectful of chickens. I treat them respectfully. I keep them warm at a comfortable 350°. I bath them in their own juices to keep them soft. I respectfully slice them up with very sharp knives, dull ones damage the meat, and I eat them and appreciate the flavor and nutrition they provide. 

On 1/13/2023 at 6:35 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

These companies kowtow to a minority of liberal whackos because they make so much noise ! They’re afraid of losing business. That’s MHO . Us normal people should fight back with calls, emails etc. but we don’t.

I can personally find a lot of other things to do with my time other than defending a company who sells rubber chicken suckers.  I certainly don't have any issue with rubber chicken suckers but I'm not going to waste my time, phone calls or emails supporting them.  Maybe the world needs more rubber chicken suckers and it's people like me who don't care enough to defend them.  Maybe, I'm the problem?  Nope, I still don't care.

im glad there are still 'chicken suckers' around for those that want them , i find nothing of this offensive and think those that do are the real problem in this world - if you dont like it do not buy it , leave everybody else alone , what i find offensive are people that seem to get offended by near everything these days , 

8 minutes ago, watab kid said:

im glad there are still 'chicken suckers' around for those that want them , i find nothing of this offensive and think those that do are the real problem in this world - if you dont like it do not buy it , leave everybody else alone , what i find offensive are people that seem to get offended by near everything these days , 

Said in the spirit of and like a true member of P.O.O.P~!  ^_^  

@Forty Rod SASS 3935 would approve.  ;)

13 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

A fowl set of plans!

He may have been just winging it, but he may just have a leg up on it. It would be one of the breast ways to treat one.:lol:

Darn, I never saw those rubber chicken pops, if I had I would've bought them for my boys and my grandkids, and a few for me too.

Archived