SASS Wire Forum

Nicolas Cage 'The Old Way' Western

Buckshot Bear

Not in any theater near to me.  I'll watch it if it opens closer or is on Netflix or Prime.  I liked the review on Rotten Tomatoes.  Short and to the point.

Nicolas Cage's first Western may be a bit of a genre departure for the prolific actor, but in most respects, it's merely a return to his Old Way of picking up roles in disappointingly subpar projects.

I liked several of Cage's older movies but of late he seems to be in the same mode as Wesley Snipes and Steven Segal.  I did enjoy his last movie, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, where he played himself as a down on his luck star looking for a gig to pay the bills.

That has got to be the worst fake mustache I've ever seen. I seen better ones on 5yr olds at Halloween last Oct. Make up team should have been replaced.

5 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

That has got to be the worst fake mustache I've ever seen. I seen better ones on 5yr olds at Halloween last Oct. Make up team should have been replaced.

I actually worked with a guy who had an identical mustache. He was a curmudgeon. :)

33 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

On Prime right now 19 bucks to rent LOL or 24 to buy

19 bucks? :blink:

The cable and satellite providers figure that if you want to see a movie that bad, you’ll pay them about the same as you would for a ticket at the theater!!

In a few weeks, they’ll be charging $5.99 for three day rental!!

Interested to know if Cage is pro or anti gun, I hope he  is not like that Neesom prick who makes the movies but then sprukes anti gun sentiment.

I can not stand Cage !

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I actually worked with a guy who had an identical mustache. He was a curmudgeon. :)

19 bucks? :blink:

Why did he wear a fake mustache to work? Was it a WITSEC thing? :lol:

11 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Interested to know if Cage is pro or anti gun, I hope he  is not like that Neesom prick who makes the movies but then sprukes anti gun sentiment.

Let me know after I see the movie.

OK, I found a fairly close theater where it was playing and wasted nine bucks so I could give you guys a review.  Started out with one of those Kate Winslet Titanic opening scenes where you see her hat and then she lifts her head and you see her face.  Cage had on his hat and when he lifted his head and I saw that goofy mustage I almost died laughing.  Fortunately he is shaved for the rest of the movie, which is not much of an improvement as he has not aged well.  Subtract out the opening and closing credits and the flick is 90 minutes long.  87 minutes was absolutely dull, BORING, sililoquy a lot of which made little or no sense.  That left 3 minutes of fairly lame "action."  Several old character actors are in the flick (obviously looking for any work they can get) the most noteworthy being Nick Searcy who was the boss on Justified.  Another one was Clint Howard.  I saw his name in the opening credits but did not recognize him.  In the closing credits when they listed the name and the character they played I was shocked at how old and unrecognizable he was.  (Which unfortunately reminded me of how old and unrecognizable I am!)  Nick Searcy had packed on the tonnage and I recognized his voice but really had to look hard through the wrinkles to see it was him.  One of these low buget movies where the first half of the credits lists an endless list of "movie companies" that helped contribute the $45.00 shooting budget.  This will be on Prime or Netflix for free real soon so don't waste your money going to the theater.

Can Not Stand Cage !

Archived