SASS Wire Forum

Who has Large Pistol primers in stock these days?

portugeejn

It has been some time since I needed to reload anything, but the time has come for me to load up some more ammo.  I know that there are huge shortages these days, but does anyone have in stock Large Pistol primers? 

Bruno's Shooting Supply in Phoenix. He is mighty proud of them.

I learned from my Dad who died in the early 80's. He always stated that they would never run him out of primers like they did during World War II. He always kept in stock with well over 100,000 primers. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

I learned from my Dad who died in the early 80's. He always stated that they would never run him out of primers like they did during World War II. He always kept in stock with well over 100,000 primers. 

At one time I would’ve  thought that to be excessive however a 100k supply of primers now sounds very reasonable!    

With COVID numbers spiking in China it feels very much like January 2020 again. As funds allow I have been stocking up on items I couldn't get last time. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but a guy I know has worked in whatever field does the testing for stuff like COVID and he is very concerned. Which reminds me, I need to get some big packs of TP.

I'll pass this web site along to all for the primers now that I know Johnny has a warehouse full of them, he can lend us if availability goes from bad to worse lol. 

I'm pretty sure that I initially found this site via the SASS Wire.  Under categories, click primers for an up to the minute inventory list at the bigger stores.  So far, the data here has been accurate.  

www.shootingbot.com

Natchez had some last week, after I ordered they had less of them. 

They were pricey compared to pre covid, but this is my only hobby, and you have to pay to play sometimes. 

18 hours ago, portugeejn said:

It has been some time since I needed to reload anything, but the time has come for me to load up some more ammo.  I know that there are huge shortages these days, but does anyone have in stock Large Pistol primers? 

Not cheap but they are showing them in stock.

https://www.brunoshooters.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=primers

Randy

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.  I know that they will cost me and will have to pay the piper if I want some.  It has been so long since I have had to buy any I am still picking myself up off the ground...  :-)

I happen to have stacks which I have been providing to friends and fellow shooters for $50 per thousand.  But, only to those I know and face to face.  I have also given some away to new shooters.

I used to be a hoarder, now I am a prepper.

In anticipation of times to come, I have been loading non SASS calibers heavily lately. Large pistol primers are the only size I will have left shortly. I need a carbine in .45ACP now. Lol

18 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

In anticipation of times to come, I have been loading non SASS calibers heavily lately. Large pistol primers are the only size I will have left shortly. I need a carbine in .45ACP now. Lol

Not legal for SASS, Marlin made one, Camp Carbine 45ACP, fun gun, I do know.

On 1/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, Pb Mark said:

I'll pass this web site along to all for the primers now that I know Johnny has a warehouse full of them, he can lend us if availability goes from bad to worse lol. 

I'm pretty sure that I initially found this site via the SASS Wire.  Under categories, click primers for an up to the minute inventory list at the bigger stores.  So far, the data here has been accurate.  

www.shootingbot.com

Thank you for sharing that resource!

If you have a Cal Ranch nearby check to see if they have any in stock. The new store in Tucson was selling Federal LP and SP primers for $60 per 1000. You may have to check on a regular basis, they go quickly. 

BS

5 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

If you have a Cal Ranch nearby check to see if they have any in stock. The new store in Tucson was selling Federal LP and SP primers for $60 per 1000. You may have to check on a regular basis, they go quickly. 

BS

Now you post this??? I was down in Tucson working Wednesday!

8 hours ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Not legal for SASS, Marlin made one, Camp Carbine 45ACP, fun gun, I do know.

He didn't mention what type, and yeah there's a lot of modern pistol caliber semi-auto carbines out there  now.  However, a '73 carbine modified for 45acp would be SASS legal (except for Classic).  :)

On 1/12/2023 at 6:59 PM, portugeejn said:

Natchezss.com shows Federal Large Pistol Primers in stock this morning, limit of 10,000.  I recommend you place an order before lunch if you want some.  See Federal Premium Champion Centerfire Primers Large Pistol (natchezss.com).

On 1/15/2023 at 8:20 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

He didn't mention what type, and yeah there's a lot of modern pistol caliber semi-auto carbines out there  now.  However, a '73 carbine modified for 45acp would be SASS legal (except for Classic).  :)

Funny you say that about the 73. Being a brass picker, a number of years back a cowboy had one, he shot the first stage, I couldn't find any cowboy brass, we have alot of cop shoot on the same bays, didn't have to pickup brass then. Second stage, same thing no cowboy brass, maybe it's going in his hat brim, took his shot shell over to the unloading table, can't find your brass what cal. you shooting ? 45ACP. So if you are going to do that, let the Picker know.

Rob

Archived