SASS Wire Forum

Next Gun?

Itchy Trigger

A .22 caliber center-fire, two 8x57mmRs and a 20 gauge...that would handle most things you are apt to run into in the hunting field...

Inline image

unnamed.png

I have a gun that was never made originally, that I bought from Sedalia Dave, coming in the next few days.

A replica of an 1851 Colt revolver. It has Army grips and is .44cal.  I’ve had ‘51s before, but always .36cal and with Navy grips.  All my other stuff is .44cal and I really prefer the larger Army grips.  This’ll keep it simple.

7DEAEA97-178A-443B-BB6F-DA43FE754CD6.jpeg

214C2734-8A3E-4CD9-A59B-4760A597164B.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Itchy Trigger said:

A .22 caliber center-fire, two 8x57mmRs and a 20 gauge...that would handle most things you are apt to run into in the hunting field...

Inline image

Nothing shows on this image

1 hour ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Inline image

Is this an actual gun that you're looking at, or something you're making in your imagination?

Because generally a Vierling has two shotgun barrels with a large and small rifle barrel. And generally it's going to be 16 gauge, not 20.

Seneca Dragon Claw .50 Cal 200 Bar PCP. (Fires .495 Lead/Sabots & .50 Cal Airbolts

IMG_4596.jpg.610dcd1c1e0746463f23013238dc5f2e.jpg

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Love those Mannlicher style stocked 10/22s

Next thing is a red dot for it! 

56 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Just bought this from a friend. Shoots great!

986DF5A7-6DCB-4099-817C-A6901B70C8CB.jpeg

Rye,

I've got the same 10/22 only my stock is the Grey laminate. At the St. George gun show last month they had one for sale at $650. Guy honestly said that's what they're going for.

I have a Nikon Rimfire 3x9 on mine. Matches up great with my stainless Browning Buckmark.

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Next thing is a red dot for it! 

May I recommend the Sig Sauer Romeo 5. Inexpensive but a very nice 1X red dot. I have purchased 4 of them and they have all worked great. I bought one for my grandsons 10/22. With the low rise mount it works great 

If you buy this one it has the low rise mount snd the higher AR cowitness mount. 
Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Compact Red Dot https://a.co/d/cc6Iaft

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

May I recommend the Sig Sauer Romeo 5. Inexpensive but a very nice 1X red dot. I have purchased 4 of them and they have all worked great. I bought one for my grandsons 10/22. With the low rise mount it works great 

If you buy this one it has the low rise mount snd the higher AR cowitness mount. 
Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Compact Red Dot https://a.co/d/cc6Iaft

Perfect! Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Next thing id dot for it! 

+1 for the Sig Romeo5 .  The upgraded version comes with two mounts.  A low mount that works great with the 10/22, and a high rise co-witness mount that works great on an AR.  They have a great warranty, and are tough as nails.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Is this an actual gun that you're looking at, or something you're making in your imagination?

Because generally a Vierling has two shotgun barrels with a large and small rifle barrel. And generally it's going to be 16 gauge, not 20.

It is an image that I received in email and liked. I "thought" it was real, because I can't see someone adding a .22 CF to an imaginary gun.

3 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Inline image

unnamed.png

That’s a nice gun there. The top barrel is a 22 Hornet. 
I’ve seen them with three barrels of various arrangements, but never four. How do they control which barrel fires?

3 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Inline image

unnamed.png

Drillings are true works of art.

I believe that it was made by VIERLING. They have A four barrelled (2 Rifle, 2 Shotgun) long gun on the cover of the web page below.

VIERLING – A Four-Barrelled Rifle-Shotgun - Johann Fanzoj

JOHANN FANZOJ´s unbelievable “Four-Barrelled Rifle-Shotgun” (VIERLING) - Johann Fanzoj

An astonishing technical tour-de-force, from the conception, design & crafting of this MASTERPIECE over a 6 year span,” smiles creative director Daniela Fanzoj representing Johann Fanzoj gunmakers, still in disbelief of this monumental undertaking, “something that I will see happen only once in my lifetime in our workshop”.

The basis for the design and construction of this extraordinary four-barrel firearm was that of a client’s specific request and fantasy of paring a side-by-side double rifle (Cal. 9,3/9,3X74R) with an Over-and-Under shotgun (Gauge 20/20/76mm) to be transformed into one single firearm.

The customer required that the Vierling fire four times in succession, with “hot” barrels; The platform should be a robust, reliable mechanism that would guarantee inherent quick handling characteristics – then quickly reload and continue in the same sequence, which in other words demands that the sporting weapon have ejectors for all four barrels!

“At this point it was definitely time to hold up the STOP sign – and run,” recalls Daniela Fanzoj, which the firm did not do, but rather “we took the bull by its horns, dug into this challenge and built this incredible weapon”. The result is a stunning and unsurpassed intricate mechanism, also being an object of culture and worth(value), which exhibits an amazing level of performance.

Four barrels, H&H style sidelocks, 4 individual automatic ejectors, did little to lessen this impressive sporting arm’s responsiveness and wonderful balance. Massive, without a doubt, but not “heavy” at all with a weight of 3,8kg this sporting weapon handles magnificently.

It was an enormous task to design and build, as well as join and regulate the barrels twp-times-two in order that they would shoot together at the same point of impact, in sequence – first the 9,3mm barrels then the shotgun barrels simply by pushing the barrel selector forward, the shooter continues his regiment with the 20-gauge barrels. Automatic ejectors for the shotgun barrels facilitate quick reloading for additional four shots.

Which it does without hesitation; what a pleasure of a very specific, unique nature to fire in quick succession a quadruple series in sequence from this amazing, functional piece of High Art.”

I'm going to assume that this is the gun mentioned.

aq6dh7mojj351.jpg?auto=webp&s=33f0422e75

1 minute ago, Itchy Trigger said:

I believe that it was made by VIERLING.

Vierling is not a manufacturer. Vierling means a gun with four barrels, from the German word vier, meaning four.

Then there is a drilling, which is a gun with three barrels, from the German word drie, meaning three.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Perfect! Thanks! 

The Romeo 5 with both mounts is item no. SOR52001 - comes with low-profile co-witness mount and 1.41" riser mount.

In case you come across a better deal. 

4 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Inline image

unnamed.png

If I owned this, every game animal I would see would have 4+ holes!

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

I've seen one (with a 16 gauge barrel) and heard of several others in my many years of working and grazing in gun shops and around ranges.  Not as heavy as you'd expect.

Archived