SASS Wire Forum

Ugly Belt and ammo slide *Update*

Dood

I was looking to get a belt and ammo slide so I can have a separate setup for wild bunch and I thought I would give my local leather shop some business. She told me that she would order the belt (I highly doubt that she did) and was wiling to make the ammo slide. I just picked it up yesterday and wasn't impressed with the results, so I am going to see if one of you all have any interest in it as a back up or spare for a new shooter to borrow maybe. The belt is pretty sturdy and it measures roughly 2" wide, 35.5" to the first hole, and 42.5" to the last hole (with 4" of leather to the end of the belt). The ammo slide is setup to have a 45 on either side of a 12 gauge shell. No longer for sale. Also, if anyone has a recommendation for a leather shop where I can get a 2" belt that looks better I will gladly listen. 

IMG-0139.jpg

IMG-0140.jpg

IMG-0142.jpg

IMG-0141.jpg

IMG-0138.jpg

• Dood changed the title to Ugly Belt and ammo slide *Update*

I went in and talked with her. She said that she had ordered me a belt, but was unsure when It will be delivered, so she made this work of art for me instead. She took the belt back and is going to let me know when the one she ordered will be delivered. Fingers crossed that the new one is good! 

33 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Yikes!  IMHO, this leather maker is a beginning hobbyist and should not be advertising as a professional.

Right, i hope what is ordered is better, otherwise shop around, there are many pro makers to be found.

Screenshot_20220409-212918_Photos.jpg

There's like 30 leather workers on this board. Isn't Michigan Rattler one? Read through the classifieds and you'll see leather offered from SASS craftsmen. Contact them.

A 2 shell slide isn't going to do you much good in a match. 4 is kinda the minimum, in my experience, 6 is better in case you drop one. 

After making endurance saddle for 10 years I can honestly say this work is of an amateur and isn't worth $10. You said she took it back and ordered you one so is this one off the list of for sale then? That would be the best scenario on this deal. Slide is worthless with only 2 shells. There are a lot of professional leather makers in this game that will do you great work. You just need to do some research and select one. 

Texas Maverick

Indian Creek Leather, Gene Weishuhm, does excellent work. Attached are picts of the rig he made for me. He's on the SASS marketplace.

20210520_183803.jpg

20210520_183816.jpg

20210520_183810.jpg

Everyone commenting about the slide missed the part where he said it was for wild bunch.

Looks like somebody got a new Tandy Lucky 7 leathercraft set for Christmas!

There's bad, and there's beyond bad. That work is beyond beyond bad. :blink:

If you can get Jonny at JM leather to make you what your looking for you will be more than happy, he does great work at a great price, he’s usually pretty busy but worth a call

Archived