SASS Wire Forum

12g and bullseye

Hells Comin

Anyone using bullseye for 12 gauge right now I'm using Alliant x-lite, but just lucked into 13lbs of bullseye.

I'm using Winchester shot shells fed primers 1&1/8 oz of shot.

Not interested in using it in pistols or rifle.

Alliant shows no loads for Bullseye in 12 gauge.  I would not trust any data from here or elsewhere on the Internet unless it has been pressure tested.  

13 is luck?   hmmmmm, which kind of luck?  Drop your 1/8th, so your only using 1 ounce.  No need for the 1/8th in this game.

Give me a call on Thursday....OkD

Alliant has recently been queried (as reported on ShotGunWorld forum) about this usage, and they declined to provide any data, suggesting more shotgun-compatible powders for light loads.   Cited experience gained over the years from back when they did provide some limited data.

good luck, GJ

I think I have an 8lb jug of Red Dot I’d likely trade for Bullseye. You gonna be at any of the upcoming S Texas matches? 

I've seen data, but only in some old manuals. To confirm I did find old data for 1 oz loads. Nothing for 1 1/8 in WW hulls. BE is a high nitroglycerine content powder, and gets a bit funky under certain conditions. 

I don't see any reason why I wouldn't follow the advice of not to use it. 

I've probably got a 2 more years supply of challenger low recoil, then I'll be looking for ammo, or load data. 

I'd consider the trade for Red Dot, lots of shotgun  data for that powder. 

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

I think I have an 8lb jug of Red Dot I’d likely trade for Bullseye. You gonna be at any of the upcoming S Texas matches? 

I attended all of the matches in the Phoenix area including Eot, so if you know anyone coming out this way we can trade 

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

I attended all of the matches in the Phoenix area including Eot, so if you know anyone coming out this way we can trade 

Well, I checked my stash. I have two 8 lb jugs of Bullseye, only 1 (and it’s been opened) of Red Dot. I would have bet it was the other way around! I reckon I best hang on to it. Sorry! 

on the bright side, you have enough Bullseye for 30K+ rounds of 38sp. You should have no trouble selling it or finding a good trade. 

good luck at EOT! 

I load Bullseye for 12 gauge reduced shot charge shells. Works fine for 3/4 ounce, 7/8 ounce, and 1 ounce shot charges. Really reduces the recoil in my Baikal and saves on shot.

I use a Claybuster CB0175-12 wad in AA hulls for my 3/4 ounce loads, powered by a charge of Bullseye I shall not disclose on a public forum. PM me if you're interested.

I would be interested in a little Bullseye!  If your a sellin', hows about a price.  just drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Hawk Eyes

Archived