SASS Wire Forum

Youngest Grandson & a T-Bone

Buckshot Bear

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

LOL :) 

His teeth are starting to come through....gotta' be careful he doesn't take a bite outta' me !

It sounds mean, but the best way to stop a kid from biting is bite them back. Not kidding. It works. ;)

I was at the neighbor's house one day, having dinner. After dinner everybody was talking to each other - four different conversations going on at the same time. And the two-year-old leaned over and bit me.

I didn't even think. I reacted, just like a dog had bit me. WHAP!!! I slapped him across the face.

You know all those four conversations stopped. :o They all looked over at me, then they looked at him holding his face. I said, "He bit me".

He still bit people, for about another year and a half. Never bit me again though.

Amazing how that action/reaction thing works. Cause and effect.

53 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It sounds mean, but the best way to stop a kid from biting is bite them back. Not kidding. It works. ;)

That's what my Mum taught my wife and I to do when we had our first child. 

37 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Wouldn't have worked out well for you in our house.  You do not strike other peoples children or dogs, particularly ours.  A Tenfold return!

Did your kids bite the company? :lol:

I remember when my daughter was that age. She loved hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. She also liked spaghetti with meat sauce. She ate half and the other half became expressionist art. :lol:

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

I was at the neighbor's house one day, having dinner. After dinner everybody was talking to each other - four different conversations going on at the same time. And the two-year-old leaned over and bit me.

I didn't even think. I reacted, just like a dog had bit me. WHAP!!! I slapped him across the face.

You know all those four conversations stopped. :o They all looked over at me, then they looked at him holding his face. I said, "He bit me".

He still bit people, for about another year and a half. Never bit me again though.

Amazing how that action/reaction thing works. Cause and effect.

My reaction probably would have been to yell really really loud and him and raise my hand like I was going to hit him but I hope I would have held back from actually slapping him. I don't blame you for what you did though, sometimes a reaction is something you just can't stop!

On 1/12/2023 at 10:44 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I remember when my daughter was that age. She loved hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. She also liked spaghetti with meat sauce. She ate half and the other half became expressionist art. :lol:

So funny!!!

Archived