SASS Wire Forum

Markings on a Coyote Cap 1887

Will Kane

I have a pair of his CB series of ‘97’s, one I bought directly from him, one from Johnny Meadows. SN’s 0000X0 and 0001X0 so I am certain they are among the first and worked on by Coyote Cap. Neither is marked in any way. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Usually on the 97's he would mark the left side of the bolt...action had to be open to see it. I miss my old friend

4 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Not worked on but "Coyote Cap Special Edition" is stamped on the left side of the receiver of my early CC 87 WCSE. There are no other markings on it.

Most of the 87s marked "Coyote Cap Special Edition" have his drop 2 modification. However there were a couple hundred that had the marking but were not properly modified. I know because I have one of them.

P9210007.JPG

I have a  Baikal IZH-43 Baikal Bounty Hunter 2 in 12ga, Double barrel, hammer-less, dual triggers. Prior to me getting it, the gun has had an action job, Lock open & Jeweling by Coyote Cap.  It isn't marked but I have a receipt for the work done from Coyote Cap.  Barrels could be shorter but it is a great shooter.

Charlie

Have a pair consectutive SN..On left side they are markedCC special edition.

Largo

I have a 18wsce bought directly from cap and his markings are scribed on the left side of the bolt along with his own assigned serial number.  I have a three digit serial..   By the way, i used the shotgun for just about every match since purchase and it has never been in the shop.  Great for WILD BUNCH.

Archived