SASS Wire Forum

LEE Auto Bench Prime

Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L

I love using the LEE Bench Priming tool but hated the folding primer tray. The "open/lock/on" switch was finicky, often resulting in primers flowing out the chute before the tray was seated. At 10 to 12 cents per primer nowadays I hate losing one.

I have the RCBS hand held tool, but I find the "universal" shell holder less than so, often launching a shell across the room. I pulled the RCBS tray and found the attachment point identical to the LEE system except for the height. A few swipes with a file and Xacto blade made for a perfect fit. Of course it won't fit the RCBS anymore, but that was solved by ordering a new tray from Amazon for 10 bucks.

20230110_161233.jpg

16 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

The RCBS tray has a little slider (see that green nub) built into the lid that prevents the primer flow .

My RCBS Hand primer doesn't have that little slider.

Come to think about it my has a round tray and not a square one.

I also have moved to the LEE Auto Bench Prime.  The 1st one I had the top that holds the shell holder in place ripped right off, separated from the body.  I tossed it as I had ordered three by then.  I guess I don't have to use that much pressure to ensure the primers are seated.

Archived