SASS Wire Forum

If you are worried about gas stoves going away now no gas furnaces

Cheatin Charlie

We are now in the middle of the Big Power Outage that came along with the End of The Drought.
Torrential downpours and huge winds have brought catastrophic damage to NorCal.
Houses and cars are crushed.  People are dead.  Huge numbers of fences are gone.

We are out of power two days now.
Fortunately, we have a GAS water heater for hot showers.
We also have a GAS fireplace insert for a toasty warm front room.
The GAS kitchen allows for match-lit cooking.

Our section of town is the 3rd World Section, as power outages are so common here, to be "meh" when they occur.
For some reason, the utility company has been replacing exploded transformers in our area for the last 30 years without bothering to rectify the root cause.

49 minutes ago, bgavin said:

We are now in the middle of the Big Power Outage that came along with the End of The Drought.
Torrential downpours and huge winds have brought catastrophic damage to NorCal.
Houses and cars are crushed.  People are dead.  Huge numbers of fences are gone.

We are out of power two days now.
Fortunately, we have a GAS water heater for hot showers.
We also have a GAS fireplace insert for a toasty warm front room.
The GAS kitchen allows for match-lit cooking.

Our section of town is the 3rd World Section, as power outages are so common here, to be "meh" when they occur.
For some reason, the utility company has been replacing exploded transformers in our area for the last 30 years without bothering to rectify the root cause.

Seems to me, the root causes are in the legislature and the governor’s mansion!!

Well, they couldn’t squash fracking so they just ban what fracking produces. Typical leftist control maneuver. And they do it on many fronts in many states so it all seems legit on the face of each issue. New York bans new construction gas usage. The Feds look into children’s asthma issues. California banning natural gas use by 2030. 
It’s all orchestrated and yes, I am paranoid. I know they’re out to get us in every way. It’s all about control. 

How much money do the electric utilities pay elected officials?

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, they couldn’t squash fracking so they just ban what fracking produces. Typical leftist control maneuver. And they do it on many fronts in many states so it all seems legit on the face of each issue. New York bans new construction gas usage. The Feds look into children’s asthma issues. California banning natural gas use by 2030. 
It’s all orchestrated and yes, I am paranoid. I know they’re out to get us in every way. It’s all about control. 

How much money do the electric utilities pay elected officials?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you, 

CS

7 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Cali already did it

Screenshot_20230110-180201_Brave.thumb.jpg.30acddbf953060a0edd7727c9f60e0ba.jpg

One of the things that really ticks me off (and there are many others!) is that a state organization of non-elected bureaucrats are creating law; twelve of the fourteen voting members of this "board" are appointed by the state governor.  The other two are appointed by environmental committees of the state senate and assembly - in lock-step with the governor.   :angry:

@Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967try reading up on the laws that created CARB. Very eye opening on how convoluted it all really is. 

On second thought, don’t. It’s not worth the heartache. We want to keep you around a lot longer. 

The ban on gas stoves and heaters in New York is for new buildings and it doesn’t take effect until 2025 

Maybe it can be squashed by then if there’s enough lawsuits!

Just goes to show you can’t stand and fight on one political hill when every little thing is at risk. If they can’t have one thing, they’ll go for something else, then circle back and attack later on familiar ground either with more force or from a different angle. But since there is a captive audience of an overwhelming majority of school age kids being indoctrinated,  there’s little to do but try to gain substantial footing and influence in the educational system, and hope that in 50-75 years some improvements in logic, reasoning and government  policies would be made.

The nonsense we see today is a direct result of crap that largely began to gain traction in academia and media 50-60 years ago, and rooted even further back.

All "they" would have to do is shut off the natural gas; wouldn't have to come for your/our furnaces. However...in view of the increases in the prices charged by the utilities, and their profits, I don't think it will happen anytime soon.  Maybe we could demand "they" bottle the hot air coming out of Foggy Bottom and the state legislatures! :wacko:

I was talking to a cousin in Upland (Southern california) today; he told me that he just received a letter from his gas supplier advising him of a 128% cost increase from December.  

Could be worse ~ some people are going to see an increase of over 140%.  All in all, the cost of natural gas is up 300% from last January.

Keep smiling, california!  whistling

Article

Howdy,

I hear that some of the price change is due to cutting  demand to russia.

It helps to watch some of the news on the Ukraine war.

I watch regular news and its like the war doesnt exist.

I HOPE the price increases will go down after the Putin war ends.

If he doesnt go nuke....

Best

CR

Prices will never go down.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a new beach house in San Diego for $14,000 or a new Chevy for $2700, a box of fifty 22LR cartridges for $0.50, or gasoline at $0.17 per gallon.

These were real prices in my life time, and will never come back again.

Meanwhile in Canada, the Japanese Premier is trying to make a deal to have liquified Natural Gas shipped to Japan.

Apparently, NG burned in Japan doesn't have the same affect on climate change over there.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rip Snorter said:

Simply, they want you cold, hungry, poor, unable to travel and entirely dependent on your rulers for survival.

It is U.N. Agenda 21 still being implemented. The U.N. policy document was signed years ago by GHW Bush. It became the little known  Progressive Play Book --  273 pages of prescription for total governmental control.  Some features:

> No motorized vehicles-- only bicycles. 

> All persons eventually living in urban high-rises (to save farmland). 

>All farmland owned and operated by the various participating  governments of the One World Order. 

>No civilian firearms. 

It goes on and on and on -- all ostensibly aimed at long-term  survival of the Earth and of world humanity, but really aimed at everyone becoming oppressively controlled subjects with no means of escape.   

Download and take a look at it sometime when your blood pressure is too low and your wife and family are not near enough to hear your comments. It is the root of much of the senselessness we are seeing being turned into public policy.  (It is always good to understand your adversaries)

I understand 21  is now replaced by Agenda 2040, which is much worse in policies, but more carefully disguised as woke necessities and public safety.  

Someone may have to remind our leaders, just what happens when the peasants become homeless, cold and hungry.

Thank goodness I live in Idaho where we have plenty of wood to fuel our wood stoves, furnaces and fireplaces.

I also have a gas stove, a BBQ and pits for dutch ovens. Here, we support reality unlike the East, California, Portland and Seattle

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Someone may have to remind our leaders, just what happens when the peasants become homeless, cold and hungry.

The same thing to the disarmed 100 million that Mao Tse Tung starved and killed.

Archived