SASS Wire Forum

No more gas stoves????

Rye Miles #13621

image.png.46a7dd7d08e8057a258a7cd639f0e4c6.png

image.thumb.png.a9b75d311e0335c80f3805abf4751719.png

My gas stove provides an excellent range of heat from a low simmer to the super hot temperatures needed for wok cooking.

Sauces require the exact heat ranges

that only a good quality gas range is capable of providing.

Electric ranges are incredibly poor at heat regulation. My wood stove can.do in a pinch, I can cook tasty meals and bake biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies, roasts, etc. with my dutch ovens but tperature control is incredibly difficult and has required decades of experience to become proficient.

Electric is by far the safest way to cook aboard shops and small boats but I sure as h--- don't attempt haute cuisine and the crew prefer hearty, simple meals anyway. 

IMHO, an honest appraisal of the various cooking techniques shows that Electric stoves suck!!! :-)

They closed our Natural Gas pipeline, but, Canadians are a nation of problem solvers.

Follow me for more helpful advice.

tumblr_77eebcc860bfed62fe9ae1461010c6c2_57dc52e6_540.jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 1:53 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I think this gal must've spent too much time with her head in the oven.  Guess who?  :rolleyes:

Gas Stoves Cause Brain Damage

She also stated that people should turn on the vent hood over their stove to get rid of the dangerous fumes. I have only ever seen 2 houses where the stove hood actually vented outside. Most just suck up the fumes through a metal filter and then blow them out into the room. 

The Consumer Products Safety Commission has withdrawn the "recommendation" and the pompous, pandering progressive pundits piously pontificate:

"Oh!  We aren't going to BAN gas stoves."

Yet.

The point of the outrage of this is that a bunch of unelected bureaucrats have the power to do such a thing.  "But they are only REGULATIONS not LAWS!!!". When they promulgate something that has the force and effect of law, something that you can be fined and/or imprisoned for violating, then that is defacto a law.  

Another example of why these unelected legislative bodies need to be reined in, or better yet, eliminated.

F!@% The Biden Administration ! 

So Saith The Rooster 

Archived