SASS Wire Forum

The Tall Men

Rye Miles #13621

Clark Gable and Jane Russell :wub:

Pretty good movie! Maybe be the only western Gable was in unless you count Gone with Wind which was really not a western . 

Was “The Misfits” a western??

Loosely based on the true tale of Nelson Story who drove the first cattle drive from Texas to Montana's Gallatin Valley in 1866. He armed his drovers with Remington Split-Breach carbines, firing .56-60 Spencer Rimfire rounds. The movie was adapted from a novel.  Great piece of acting by Jane Russell!

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Was “The Misfits” a western??

Sorta, it was a modern western, rodeos and pickups :lol: Not a western in my opinion!

18 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

He was in a few other westerns:

The Painted Desert 1931

Across The Wide Missouri 1951

Lone Star 1952

The King and Four Queens 1956

Forgot about those! Thanks ! I’ve seen Across the Wide Missouri but not sure I saw the other ones. I’ll have to check em out!

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I thought this was going to be about basketball. Thank goodness it’s about something much more interesting…I think. 

If you like Clark Gable it is!:lol: of course anyhting's more interesting than basketball!:P

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I thought this was going to be about basketball. Thank goodness it’s about something much more interesting…I think. 

take a look at the leading ladies and you'll be sure. ;)

i remember so much i want to see again when i visit here ..............no - gone with the wind was not a western , but it did set the stage for all that followed , that and profitiers that needed the war to continue so ........we have the indian wars , funny how that didnt matter before the war between the states ended , 

i get it that the westward push was inspired by the war and its aftermath , but we had a military that needed a new focus and those supplying that werent ready to quit , funny - it looks like today , we rushed a pullout of Iraq/Afghanistan leaving Americans there but we rush to supply the Ukrainians , not saying its a bad thing but then when kennedy took us into VN it wasnt a bad thing either was it ? 

Archived