SASS Wire Forum

OFF THE GRID!

Utah Bob #35998

Omagerd! ! 
I’m in the Fortress of Solitude in anticipation of the coming Apocalypse! Me phone line went out this morning. And the Interweb. No bars on the cellphone. 
Tortally off the grid. Only comes back for a moment

or two at a time.

Very scary! What if I fall and can’t getup. What if bourbon wasn’t the cause? How do I check my Our Time likes??

PutIn? Kim Jung Loon??
The only thing I have for protection in Monsieur F. Pedicaris.
And a safe full of guns!

I think I’ll sell the ranch and move to a town where I’ll be safe. Oh woe is me! I shall endeavor to persevere!

40D522B4-ACE6-4F53-88D4-A274142EC35C.jpeg

22CB3380-A187-45F8-8593-112B6030E172.jpeg

Be strong! You are my inspiration!

I've never had cell service here in 23 years. That's good, I don't have to drive anywhere to lose it!

I would stay out of the Town/City where nobody knows their neighbour, and what kind of Nut Jobs are around...

Sometimes not knowing what the Government is up to Day to Day is a blessing...

And the more ordinary people I get to Know the More I like my Guns...

Jabez Cowboy

i live in center of town [you wouldnt know it to look out the window] but i can drop a cell call by walking a few feet in the house , not all the time but sometimes , i got good internet connection tho , 

thumbnail (1).jpg

Bob, I recently got a Life Alert system (which I stupidly didn't have anywhere near during my last adventure.)  It has a base station and one long range remote.  Neither one seems very practical because they are supposed to be on a counter top WHICH I CAN'T REACH IF I HAVE FALLEN!

There is also a pendant that I can wear all the time, even in the shower, and a remote for my belt which doesn't work well under my solar panels, but is hooked up to a satellite system that is pretty well universal outside the house.

I now wear the pendant and the satellite box all the time, just in case I become an unplanned acrobatic performer again.

Swallow your pride and get one.  Mine didn't save my life this time....a friend did....but that was a fortunate circumstance.

Tongue. Cheek. 

Get it? 

:D

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Bob, I recently got a Life Alert system (which I stupidly didn't have anywhere near during my last adventure.)  It has a base station and one long range remote.  Neither one seems very practical because they are supposed to be on a counter top WHICH I CAN'T REACH IF I HAVE FALLEN!

There is also a pendant that I can wear all the time, even in the shower, and a remote for my belt which doesn't work well under my solar panels, but is hooked up to a satellite system that is pretty well universal outside the house.

I now wear the pendant and the satellite box all the time, just in case I become an unplanned acrobatic performer again.

Swallow your pride and get one.  Mine didn't save my life this time....a friend did....but that was a fortunate circumstance.

Not a matter of pride. They’re a great thing for many people.

I don’t want one.

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Omagerd! ! 
I’m in the Fortress of Solitude in anticipation of the coming Apocalypse! Me phone line went out this morning. And the Interweb. No bars on the cellphone. 
Tortally off the grid. Only comes back for a moment

or two at a time.

Very scary! What if I fall and can’t getup. What if bourbon wasn’t the cause? How do I check my Our Time likes??

PutIn? Kim Jung Loon??
The only thing I have for protection in Monsieur F. Pedicaris.
And a safe full of guns!

I think I’ll sell the ranch and move to a town where I’ll be safe. Oh woe is me! I shall endeavor to persevere!

40D522B4-ACE6-4F53-88D4-A274142EC35C.jpeg

22CB3380-A187-45F8-8593-112B6030E172.jpeg

How did you post this?  4G? 5G?

8 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

How did you post this?  4G? 5G?

As I said. It Only comes back for a moment or two at a time. Fiber optic cable. Took awhile to get it pointed. Working okay today. Still no cell service.

You got food.  You got movies on DVD.  You got booze.  You got your own shooting range and guns and ammo.  You got your own panther.

99% of the population is jealous of you.  Enjoy waiting for Spring.

after revisiting this thread numerous times , ive come to the conclusion that your ice house [thats what it looks like to me] is a perfect place to go "off the grid" without really leaving the world behind , in todays world of discussing travel to the moon and mars i guess it might mean more to some , to me it would be that solitude of nothing that you cant control interrupting the drink of choice , a great ceegar , and the company of only those you allow into your space , i get it ..........i like it , 

whether by choice or necessity , it looks good to me , i often lament the days when one was 'tethered' to a phone call by the cord , there was a time when if you didnt want to be found for a few hours of solitude you could get that without extreme measures and electronic wizardry - i miss that , i like my alone time , enjoy what you have 

Oh I wouldn't worry UB. Once Mr. Pedacaris grows up, he'll provide plenty of protection.

Here's a picture of his Daddy.

OK, OK, I know I used it before, but I like BIG cats!

Daddys coming home soon tumblr_0ccb0638e6de31ded69807a3b10a810e_9d3d809e_500.gif

That kitty greatly resembles my boy Baron.  At 22 lbs, and not an ounce of fat, he was a force to be reckoned with if you ever ticked him off.  Other than that, he was a real gentle soul.  Wonderful lap cat.  I miss that boy.

Archived