SASS Wire Forum

CZ-USA Huglu Bob White G2 12g

Currahee

1 minute ago, Currahee said:

The Bobwhite has double triggers,  Coachgun has one.  Also seems lighter, by appearance anyway.  Haven't actually handled one.

Nope! Backwards, maybe.  Looking at the Coach gun as we speak. Two triggers, two hammers.

43 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Nope! Backwards, maybe.  Looking at the Coach gun as we speak. Two triggers, two hammers.

CZ Sharptail is a mechanical reset 20” hammerless that has has 1 single trigger. It’s an excellent “coach gun”:)

( been shooting mine for over 2 years)

20 hours ago, Currahee said:

Anybody know this gun?  What have you heard?  Personal experience? Worth buying?

thanks.

I have the CZ Bobwhite G2, quality is very good for the price and I've heard nothing but good things about CZ's customer service.  Out of the box it is very tight and a bit stiff to open, so it isn't a good gun for SASS if you want to go fast without work being done to it..

The splinter forend makes shooting black powder hard.  Mine does not like Federal or Herters shotgun shells, the firing pins tend to drag on the softer primers.

I like mine, I definitely don't regret buying it.

I think the closer parallel to the Bobwhite is the Navy Arms Coach, rather than the Sharptail.  The internals may be the same, but the Sharptail has the fake side plates.  The Navy Arms looks to be exact to the Bobwhite, but the Navy Arms is single trigger.  I've never compared the internals side by side, but the pics look the same.

I really like my Navy Arms, but it has a tendency to not stay fully open when laying on the staging table.

I shot black powder in mine yesterday and the narrow forearm was no problem.  But then, it was only 35 degrees when we started shooting.

Archived