SASS Wire Forum

Got my first gun muffler today

Well after 9 months ATF said I was ok to pick up my first suppressor. Crazy, I’ve been a cop for 30 years and have a federal firearms license. Well anyhow I now have their blessing to save what hearing I have left.

Yeah, but it's gonna look funny on a Schofield...

Congratulations, John Barleycorn :)

I now live in a place where I can put a sound suppressor (silencer, suppressor, can, quieter-downer…) on my firearms. Actually I could have when I lived in Oregon but opted not to pay the high prices for them. Now I find those high prices are here as well so it wasn’t just a regional thing. 

I have been considering one for my .22 LR pistol and possibly for a rifle. I was impressed by the noise attenuation that a good silencer could have on an AR 5.56/.223 at the indoor range. A crummy one lessened the noise to a lightly loaded BP shotgun noise level, but a very good one made quite a big difference. 

Hunting with a silencer is legal here. I may consider getting one IF I decide I need a rifle other that my Marlin 336 for deer hunting. 

It’s really too bad Hollywood screwed up people’s mindsets about these devices.
Less bang might mean more bucks. :D

Otto needs the silencer treatment. 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:D

Ahhhhhhh.

Got a couple too. Almost a full year first run through, 10 months the second. Applied for my third a few months back, 9 months sounds dreamy!  Now I just need to get my Hepburn threaded. :lol: 

seriously though, shooting quiet is just the best. 300blk, 8.6blk and 9mm and the loudest thing is the steel getting smacked. 

19 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Once I get to see my Grandson FTF this summer I'll be buying my first. Waiting till we work out the details on the rifle I am having him build for me.

FTF?

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

FTF?

Face to Face.

He lives in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. He builds precision long range hunting rifles. I have been wanting to have him build me one for a few years but couldn't decide on a caliber. Was leaning towards a 6.5X55 Swede but now I'm leaning more towards a 30-06. It will fit nicely in between my .243 and my 7mm Rem Mag. 

8.6blk got its first range time today. Waiting on a SilencerCo Hybrid 46 for this one. I’ve got an Omega 300 on my 300blk which also does double duty on my 6cm. You still get a supersonic crack on the latter but nothing like when I was just running a brake. The 300blk is Hollywood quiet. I expect this 8.6 will be even quieter if today was any indication. 

@Sedalia Daveif you come through Missoula, look me up!  CDA is just over the hill from me. 

D08B9CA3-AFD0-44F5-B99A-B8890DFCB5A5.jpeg

I was going to say getting a suppressor is a scam until I found this post, I have been waiting for a 14 months, I thought the only ones that make any money was the manufacturers and the silencer shop. Still waiting with no end in sight.

while i really want one ...not sure what i want it on exactly , im not willing to jump the hoops and pay the fees so far , i find it offensive that the second is infringed upon to this extent but its the times we live in , 

everyone holds the first so high [and mighty] yet its getting infringed upon these days as well , wonder when we will all look up and see the handwriting on the wall ? decide we arent going to live with less constitutional rights than we were given by god ? decide to pay attention and live well again , under our true constitution ? 

After a years wait my son was notified will be delivered to his door today.      GW

Archived