SASS Wire Forum

THE GUNSITE GLOCK

Lawdog Dago Dom

David Fink is the "on site" gunsmith at Gunsite and has been my personal smith since I moved here.  When he got the job and shut down his "at home" operation I was delighted to know I'd picked a winner.  Dave is a marvel at everything from modifying to restoring to just tuning and doing minor repairs.

But I still don't like Glocks.  My Fink tuned 1911 is everything I could want or wish for.

12 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

David Fink is the "on site" gunsmith at Gunsite and has been my personal smith since I moved here.  When he got the job and shut down his "at home" operation I was delighted to know I'd picked a winner.  Dave is a marvel at everything from modifying to restoring to just tuning and doing minor repairs.

But I still don'y like Glocks.  My Fink tuned 1911 is everything I could want or wish for.

Nice to see you back in the SASS Wire saddle my friend.

I have a Glock 45 - 9mm. It’s an excellent pistol. I have never had a problem with it. It has never jammed, failed to fire, failed to eject. No faults at all. I cannot say that about other non-Glock semiautos I have owned or fired. 
I think they picked an excellent pistol for their service pistol. 

I have carried Glocks (per department policy) on more than one occasion.  I never failed to qualify with high scores, usually 100%.  That said, Matthew Quigley said it best:  

said i never had much use for one.jpg

15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have a Glock 45 - 9mm. It’s an excellent pistol. I have never had a problem with it. It has never jammed, failed to fire, failed to eject. No faults at all. I cannot say that about other non-Glock semiautos I have owned or fired. 
I think they picked an excellent pistol for their service pistol. 

This. 100%.

I've owned, carried, competed, and trained with Glocks since the early 90s. Except for the cheap plastic factory sights I always replace there has never been anything that I felt needed done to a Glock. The gen 5 is almost perfect. Why almost? Because it doesn't come with ammo when you buy one. :D

Change is always a hard sell. Especially to Fire or Police clients. For years, fire departments resisted gasoline powered apparatus and wanted to keep their horse teams.

I grew up with steel guns with wood stocks/grips, as did dad. They just looked good.

Glock was a game changer. I was introduced to one through an academy classmate in 1990. I thought it was ugly, square and clunky looking. 50 rounds later I was ordering my own Glock 19  that I still have.

Armorers at at the academy had been pushing for Glocks since about that same time. They were in the Smith and Wesson 39, 439 and finally the 5904 camp. All issued. Since 1969. There was a natural reluctance to leave S&W, but department armorers were pretty steadfast in adopting Glock. I asked one, a sergeant whom I had become friends with, what was the big motivation to get Glocks. He said aside from beating and neglecting one, trying to make it fire when it wasn't supposed to, and just all around torture tests, "They shoot like rifles right out of the box."

He was right.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The Glock 45 is a 9mm.

The Glock 22 is a .40.

The Glock 40 is a 10mm.

The Glock 44 is a .22.

The Glock 32 is a .357 SIG.

The Glock 25 is a .380.

The Glock 38 is a .45.

This is why I drink.....

Have a Double.

80EA6743-2BEA-41DF-844D-3BEBA076C53A.jpeg.605bd6a264b16d0179dc9d8cf0dc6c96.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Dam' I missed out.  Don't have a single Glock, don't want one, and wouldn't give one house room.  Being an equal opportunity Geezer, All plastic fantastics also under the ban.

If you don’t care or like them why is it every time Glocks are mentioned you jump in and make at least 2 posts in the thread? ;)

I think it’s like a school yard crush. You pretend not to like the girl and treat her mean in front of your friends but in reality you like her. :lol:

Glock and Rip Snorter sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love, then comes marriage

Here comes Rip with a baby carriage. :lol::lol::lol:

21 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Time marches on.  Just wish it would stop stepping on me as it goes by.  :(

And this actually affects you how?

I am curious. How does this truly matter?

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And this actually affects you how?

I am curious. How does this truly matter?

I don't believe that was technically "Glock" or even gun related, but more life related.

Like @Rip Snortersaid, Gunsite is a business. They want to appeal to the highest possible customer base utilizing a quality product with a reasonable profit margin. Glock fits that bill. I've said before when asked about Glock when working behind the firearms counter, and even now, my response is they make a high quality, reliable firearm, and that I will likely never own one. I think they are a great option for many shooters though, and won't hesitate to recommend it. For me, it has nothing to do with the plastic or Glock vs. 1911, etc... I don't like the grip angle and I still prefer a hammer-fired pistol. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If you don’t care or like them why is it every time Glocks are mentioned you jump in and make at least 2 posts in the thread? ;)

I think it’s like a school yard crush. You pretend not to like the girl and treat her mean in front of your friends but in reality you like her. :lol:

Glock and Rip Snorter sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love, then comes marriage

Here comes Rip with a baby carriage. :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, I only went with pretty girls. Glocks are plain ugly.

46 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Isn't that what Bikers are for?

No - that's what real Cowboys are for after they pull their arm out of the cows a$$.:blink::o:lol:

1 minute ago, Chief Rick said:

No - that's what real Cowboys are for after they pull their arm out of the cows a$$.:blink:

At least the dollar signs are right, that exercise is about calves and increase.  Interesting enough, by a fair margin around here, ranchers have slim pretty wives.

i appreciate the rep the glock has but im not a fan , i also am a 1911 fan , if i had to go with a modern , plastic gun id go directly to my sig P320 , its good that we dont all think alike otherwise there would be no choices out there and no new adventures 

My father wisely quoted a merchant of his acquaintance:
"You pays-a you money and takes-a you choice."

@Lawdog Dago Dom and Pards,

I just did a little calculation of this Gunsite Glock and what it would cost to duplicate or approximate the offered pistol. I do not know much about Gunsite so I don’t know if they would offer this gun for sale after the initial offering, but if you wanted to duplicate this gun and you aren’t a Law Enforcement Agency Armorer you would be out of luck, but you can come close. 

The Davidson’s MSRP is $1275 for this gun. 

The costs (approximately - one may find deals to trim this crown a little bit)

Gunsite Mock Glock

Glock 45 MOS $650

Glock factory (-) Connector $25

Glock FBI Mag Release *Unobtainable 

Ameriglo suppressor sights $80

Holosun HE509T-RD X2 $430

Glock Optic Direct Mounting *Unobtainable

* Unobtainable means only available from Glock to Law Enforcement only. Other mag releases are available and the MOS feature can be used in lieu of Direct Mounting for the optical sight. 

Davidson’s MSRP: $1,275

Calculated $1,185

The Gunsite price and features look pretty good as opposed to you assembling your own. I didn’t bother adding a calculation for the graphics as that would be silly to label a gun with the Gunsite logo…and probably would violate some law or regulation. 

No, I won’t be buying one or mocking one up. 

I remember when Gunsite used the Auto Ordnance 1911 as the base for their GSP. This was back before Kahr took over, when AO 1911s were absolute junk. Sure enough, Gunsite has enough problems with them that they eventually stopped using AO and went with actual Colts instead. Not saying this has anything to do with these new Glocksite pistols, but just throwing it out there. -_-

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I remember when Gunsite used the Auto Ordnance 1911 as the base for their GSP. This was back before Kahr took over, when AO 1911s were absolute junk. Sure enough, Gunsite has enough problems with them that they eventually stopped using AO and went with actual Colts instead. Not saying this has anything to do with these new Glocksite pistols, but just throwing it out there. -_-

I guess this time they really upgraded for reliability. ;)

I love my Glock* and my 1911. I carry the Glock 43  ‘cuz it’s more “carryable” on my slim frame. I have no problem with any of the plastic semi autos, Sig, S&W, Glock etc. 

Then there are those S&W revolvers… :wub: :wub:

*Hate the box stock Glock triggers. Put an aftermarket connector and trigger in to improve things. 

Archived