SASS Wire Forum

Allie Mo

Allie Mo died New Years Eve 2022. I wrote this when I heard, and it popped up on my Facebook Memory page a couple of day ago.  One of my readers asked me to post it here. I'm posting it here instead of Memorials so more people will see it.

Allie Mo died New Years Eve. I knew it was coming but was still shocked. Many of her friends have announced it here. I couldn’t. It hurt too much. I loved her like a sister. Like siblings we often fought like cats and dogs but made up laughing afterwards. Time soent with her was magical. She did more for SASS than you know. She should be in the SASS Hall of Fame, but she worked behind the scenes. She took a job with the SASS Wire that I wouldn’t have for anything less than Elon Musk kind of money. This got her a lot of harassment from men who should know better, but she brushed it off. She did it for free, of course.
Her costumes were always museum quality and would look right at home in a tintype from the past.
She was always smiling that unmistakeable smile.
I will remember ger that way

271269083_10224335123799166_8115615604400775480_n.jpeg

Sure miss her. 

We shared a birth day in April and always wished each other happy birthday on the wire each year.  We meet many years ago through the Belle Alley and conversed alot online and then finally got to meet her in person at the SASS conventions when those were being held.  I even got her to attend a dance lesson class at one but could not get her to dance during the evening event.  This is the only photo I have of us together, it is from the 2008 Convention when the Belle Alley theme that day was pink.  She did not like this photo because her hat was crooked, but it shows her smile she always had.  She is missed by many and the Allie Cat Meme Thread is still going strong. 

Allie & I.jpg

Never had the privilege of meeting Allie Mo, she was a special lady. Allie gave me a lot of guidance when Ellie started shooting.:wub::FlagAm:

EH,

We were some of the fortunate to have known her and called her a friend. We met her at a SASS Convention and consider it an honor to have known her. 

Shootin Fox

She died December 31, 2021, New Years Eve. My Jan 2022 eulogy was reprinted on Facebook Jan 4, 2023. It received several hundred views, 199 likes, and 59 comments as  of 10:36 Jan 6, 2023, One of the readers asked me to reprint it here.

The attached photo is her with The Redhead and Velvet Glove.

271246304_10224335170040322_2095857995846930240_n.jpeg

For our 2022 annual match at Diamond Dick's Cowboy Town, we dedicated the first page of the Shooters Handbook in memory of Allie Mo.  She and hubby, Jess Brown,  were one of the first folks who welcomed us to the game in 2005.  See attached.

Nyack Jack & Lady Gambler

Allie mo page.pdf

I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but always enjoyed her contributions on the wire.

We pm'd quite a bit 5 or so years ago.

We both thought it would be fun to meet. Seemed to be a thing with her, meeting people. 

I guess we will need to wait for that until "some day" finally arrives.

I too never had the pleasure of meeting Allie and we had emailed many times mostly about our cats. I had wondered why I hadn't seen a post from her for a while. She certainly has been missed and will be missed for an extended time.

I am very sorry.

Knowing Allie's love of cats, I started "Allie's Cats" for a lark and it kinda took off.

After her passing, I thought of ending it, but was encouraged to keep it up as a memorial.

I'll do that and I hope others will continue to contribute.

I did meet Allie twice: once at a SASS convention and once at Diamond Dick's.  My favorite Allie quotes:

• It's not how good you shoot, it's how good you look when you shoot.
  • Ladies, start your sewing machines (said before major matches).

Allie Mo and I

Bumbed heads on about everything. 

She was a passionate person and strong willed .

But she also had a big heart and tomorrow was always a new day .

Rest In Peace Allie Mo

Love you more .

Rooster 

Archived