SASS Wire Forum

WTS. ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights Brass Grip/trigger guard reduced Jan 25

Pee Wee #15785

WTS  $2900 shipped, will not separate 

I have a pair of ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights, Brass Ruger factory grip/trigger guard (will not letter).  These guns were the personal guns of Lash aka Larry Shull, New Philadelphia , OHIO 44663.  He was a gunsmith in SASS in the early 2000's.  They have been shoot as main match guns, 1-3 matches/month, so no idea how many rounds through them.  They have Ironwood Grips by Caey Chapman.  Not consecutive serial numbers and no boxes.  Do have a letter from Mr Shull stating they were his guns used till an acident stopped him using them.

Shipped to your door unless you state has laws forbidding it.  I will not ship from FFL unless you pay FFL fees.

At the ripe old age of 77 it has become time to down size.  Kids and grandkids not interested in black powder guns.  Time to buy that horse and buggy.

DSC_7628.thumb.jpeg.e69d56d5c08254d297794c0165addd90.jpeg

DSC_7627.thumb.jpeg.a4e54834175a3970c44a3e418a88e590.jpeg

DSC_7625.thumb.jpeg.001f9846c42060e470c0238abd11111f.jpeg

DSC_7626.thumb.jpeg.00403b4c3d0e53fea12c06a043d63cee.jpeg

• Pee Wee #15785 changed the title to WTS. ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights Brass Grip/trigger guard

Got any pictures?

I shot with Lash every month at The Tusco Long Riders monthly.
My wife's favorite Posse Marshal.

He was a fine gunsmith and a fine cowboy.
These are nice guns.

--Dawg

3 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

I shot with Lash every month at The Tusco Long Riders monthly.
My wife's favorite Posse Marshal.

He was a fine gunsmith and a fine cowboy.
These are nice guns.

--Dawg

Are the trigger guards the square front or rounded? Thanks.

Pee Wee's ROAs are rare & pretty.

The factory brass gripframe was only offered on very early ROAs,

Drool away!

--Dawg

Very nice, indeed. I probably have more ROA’s than I need but these are very tempting, somebody BUY them!!!

8 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

I would take them, but the barrels is to long....

Texas Lizard

Hey TL:

You were probably thinking more along the lines of this 3-1/2 inch ROA (yes, I have a pair!):P

--Dawg (who hopes you & yours are doing well!)

IMG_0442 2.JPG

24 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey TL:

You were probably thinking more along the lines of this 3-1/2 inch ROA (yes, I have a pair!):P

IMG_0442 2.JPG

Hey TL, wouldn’t this pair of ROA’s  look great with the barrels this short? Just sayin.

24 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey TL:

IMG_0442 2.JPG

So do I...Thanks to Jim Bowie...Just need to put a front sight on it...If all goes well will use them a EOT....Along with a dozens others...Hopefully I can keep some them running to finish the shoot...

Texas Lizard

• Pee Wee #15785 changed the title to WTS. ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights Brass Grip/trigger guard reduced Jan 14
On 1/6/2023 at 8:57 PM, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey TL:

IMG_0442 2.JPG

You need to sell these

• Pee Wee #15785 changed the title to WTS. ROA's long factory barrels, fixed sights Brass Grip/trigger guard reduced Jan 25

The guns are worth a $1000 each, the brass grip frame is worth $350 each, the grips are worth min of $300, upgraded nipples and action work.  If the caps are good the guns go bang.

Archived